Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Quebec City; Montreal
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Want to deepen your knowledge through expert mentoring and on-the-job coaching? Want to work in a stimulating and highly dynamic environment with like-minded people who are known in the field of tax? Then this position is for you!
What will your typical day look like?
• Collaborate with a national team that provides indirect tax advisory services across Canada;
• Help provide solutions to clients (both in Canada and abroad) by examining complex situations and conducting a variety of research;
• Prepare tax opinions and other tax documents;
• Help the audit assurance team by providing them with expert advice in the field of indirect taxes as part of the audit of financial statements;
• Develop your technical skills and acquire knowledge about our clients' businesses;
• Understand, analyze and research tax transactions;
• Contact the tax authorities where necessary for our clients.
About the team
Our team works directly with clients to deploy strategies for managing indirect taxes, in particular:
• Planning indirect taxes for companies doing business in Canada and abroad;
• Preparing training and assistance to ensure compliance;
• Reviewing indirect tax consequences on acquisitions or sales of a business and reorganizations, including diligence reviews;
• Preparing interpretation requests or voluntary disclosures for the tax authorities;
• Providing assistance during audits, including additional representations and preparing notices of objection;
• Programming tax rules in our clients’ accounting systems;
• Assisting with the recovery of unclaimed taxes;
• Our team also provides advice on U.S. and European sales taxes.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
• An undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials;
• 1 to 3 (Analyst) or 3-5 (Sr. Analyst) years of relevant work experience in indirect taxes;
• An analytical mind and who is good at systematically solving problems;
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and a demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills (French and English);
• A master's degree in tax or completion the CICA's In-Depth GST course, is an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Un de mes clients, bureau de qualité de la région de Saint-Hyacinthe, est à la recherche d’un Courtier Sénior en Assurance des Entreprises Ceci est un poste-clé au sein de notre équipe a [...]
À la recherche d'un nouveau défi en tant que chef de produit? Ou bien vous désirez acquérir une première expérience dans le domaine? Notre client recherche activement une nouvelle recrue pour [...]
Company description We are a full real estate advisory service that provides unparalleled service, solutions and dedication for major & small properties in Montreal and surrounding areas.The DIMMO Te [...]
Chargé de projet en éclairage routier, feux et électricité Chez FNX-INNOV, nous veillons jour après jour à redéfinir l’ingénierie sans aucune barrière. Nous sommes une entreprise de propri [...]