Manulife Financial Corporation
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Total Rewards Centre of Expertise is responsible for developing strategies, policies, programs and implementation guidelines related to performance, compensation, pension, benefits and wellness to ensure Manulife’s ability to attract, engage and retain talent worldwide. Global Performance & Rewards works closely with HR Business Partners, other COEs and functional areas, and senior leaders and managers in the delivery of programs worldwide.
Global Performance and Rewards also plays a key role in program governance, compliance and reporting and consults to senior management and the Board on global performance and rewards matters.
This position will manage our company-wide equity programs including our Restricted and Performance Share Unit (RSU, PSU) and stock option plans, as well as our Global Share Ownership Plan (GSOP). Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with other departments such as finance, audit, legal and employee relations to deliver a center of expertise experience
- Manage the relationship with Shareworks by Morgan Stanley to offer a best in class service for our GSOP and equity plan participants
- Coordinate with vendor risk management, IT and risk management to ensure current processes pertaining to employee data and systems are compliant and sound
- Manage employee inquiries related to their Global Share Ownership Plan and Executive Stock Option Plan holdings
- Conduct timely terminations, stock option exercise tax remittance, RSU and PSU payouts and off-cycle grants
- Manage the annual equity grant cycle from Workday to grant calculations to uploading awards to Shareworks
- Manage the annual SOX audit to ensure quality controls and processes are operating as designed
- Manage all areas of equity administration such as Deferred Share Unit elections process, stock option auto-exercise program, GSOP, Stars of Excellence, trading windows, insiders/designated employees, etc.
- Work with Finance to understand changes in equity expensing
- Work with tax advisors and global mobility to ensure taxation of equity compensation is managed appropriately
- Report equity related transaction activities of reporting insiders to Corporate Secretary
- Preparing analyses and scenario testing that demonstrate the pay-for-performance alignment of Manulife's compensation programs
- Act as the Global Performance & Rewards liaison with Compliance/Audit/other control functions and as the department Compliance Officer, ensuring our policies/reporting are documented and compliant.
- University degree
- 2-3 years compensation experience with a strong understanding of executive compensation principles and issues; experience with equity compensation an asset
- Strong aptitude for numbers, with a high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with executives at all levels in the organization
- Proven project and relationship management skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to seamlessly move between changing priorities
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Finance Analyst, Reinsurance & Financial Reporting LOVE WHAT YOU DO Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insuran [...]
Overview Term: 16 months Within the Office of Research (OR), responsible for advancing, implementing, and supporting a range of services related to analyzing and reporting research productivity an [...]
Overview Term: 3 Years Velocity’s business incubator is Canada's most productive startup support system by job creation and investment. The Venture Director, Velocity Incubator is accountable to [...]
Overview The Manager is responsible for administering day-to-day operations of the Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Aeronautics (WISA). As a member of the WISA leadership team, the Manager will su [...]