Société Financière Manuvie
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
At Manulife, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas,
demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
Objectives of this Role
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- Experience with Agile (Scrum or Kanban), Jira and ServiceNow.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting applications such as Moogsoft, Dynatrace, New Relic or other similar tools.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Previous success in technical engineering or application support
- Coding experience beyond simple scripts
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Montana’s is searching for Full time and Part time Servers Montana’s is where BBQ-lovers, friends and family alike get together in an energetic gathering place to devour mouth-watering favourites [...]
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winnin [...]
Do you have previous machine operating experience? Are you comfortable with machine setup and following instructions to produce quality products? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? [...]
BIENVENUE CHEZ SHERWIN-WILLIAMS Au sein de l’entreprise, nous croyons qu’il n’y a pas qu’une seule façon d’obtenir du succès; nous croyons que votre carrière progresse avec vous. Qui [...]