Job Number: 23103
Group: Magna Exteriors
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
a division of Magna is hiring a Lab Technician for our Quality Lab to work on the night shift and certify the smooth operation of the lab by ensuring:
- Accurate methods of required testing of automotive parts to customer standards are being completed
- Correct testing & reporting of results will ensure that Co-Ex-Tec supplies our customers with parts that meet their expectation
If you have an innate ability to manage quality testing; can independently create and validate new test methods, reports, and documentation and assist in completing APQP-related activities in a fast paced manufacturing environment, we invite you to join our team.
1. Assist in performing non-routine quality tests on materials and processes such as:Trial runs, DOE studies, Design Validation PPAP, Capability Studies, Production Validation PPAP
2. Assist in creating and validating new test methods, reporting, and documentation when required
3. Assist in completing all APQP-related activities; Improve description for new testing; develop dupar.
4. Maintain up-to-date test instructions and records as per instructions/procedures.
5. Perform routine lab testing on finished products with respect to sample submissions, prototype evaluations, cost and scrap reduction programs, quality concerns and production verification.
6. Evaluate incoming material by using appropriate test equipment and methods - perform raw material testing as required.
7. Acquire and review quotes and select accredited competent subcontractor(s) for testing and calibration not covered in Co-Ex-Tec scope, if requested
8. Report all test results in proper format and in a timely manner.
9. Participate in the development of new processes with the aim of improving product quality.
10. Perform life cycle testing to evaluate the durability of Co-Ex-Tec's products.
11. Ensure that all laboratory equipment is properly maintained/functional and calibrated. Perform simple repairs (preventive maintenance) on lab equipment as required.
12. Layout and preparation of samples/parts as required.
13. Perform CTS (Inter-laboratory testing) to monitor Lab Performance to demonstrate competence.
14. Initiate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
15. Assist in ensuring compliance to Co-Ex Tec's Quality Management System and Environmental Management System accreditation as pertains to the lab
16. Assist in developing and implementing quality systems as they affect laboratory operations and plant process.
17. Assist Quality/Engineering/Production functions as required.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering/Science and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5- 10 years laboratory experience
- Able to perform “in house” calibration and some maintenance on Test Equipment
- Knowledge in material, processes, procedures, applications and quality systems
- Fluent English in reading, writing & communication
- Able to write clear, concise technical reports
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, an asset
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of software in current use
- Working knowledge of ISO17025
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Must pass background check (paperwork and cost covered by property) Report to work on time and in full uniform. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards. Date all food containers [...]
What you will do Responsible for leading business unit teams in strategic planning, analysis and execution of consolidated procurement agreements and strategies that require evaluation of leading [...]
View all jobsProject ManagerConcord, Ontario · Construction/FacilitiesApply Now Our Client A leading builder developer who has delivered Communities & State of the art Condominiums & Apartments f [...]
Job Number: 25959 Group: Magna Exteriors Division: Co-Ex-Tec Job Type: Permanent/Regular Location: Concord Group Description The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes a [...]