We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
The Vice-President, Workplace Design, Architecture & Experience is accountable for leading CIBC’s Real Estate effective workplace design and experience for the global real-estate portfolio including, CIBC Square (a multi-year lifespan and multi-million dollar commitment).
In this capacity, the role provides leadership and management of the global workplace experience including workplace design that provides the tools and environment for employees to thrive.
As an organizational leader, this role champions CIBC employee experience principles:
- Always professional… so our team members can excel and be their best professional self
- Radically simple… so our team members can focus on what they need to do and make an impact
- Genuinely caring… so our team members can feel valued for who they are and what they contribute
Real Estate Design and Workplace Experience Strategy
- Provide leadership of the overall Enterprise Real Estate mandate as it relates to Workplace Transformation program and new ways of working.
- Lead the development and implementation of CIBC Global Workplace Experience strategy.
- Successfully deliver the design of CIBC Square home to nearly 20k employees.
- Successfully deliver the design of the New York office aligned to the Global Workplace Experience strategy.
- Evaluate and optimize the portfolio, promoting activity based workplace design and client hospitality.
- Develop and continually review CIBC Real Estate design standards and ensure the effective monitoring of real estate design expenditures through clear process and procedures, and undertaking the necessary strategies and tactics to re-allocate funding and to make plan adjustments that ensure maximum value, innovation and productivity for CIBC.
- Oversee approval and execution for a wide range of premises services including, layout design, interior settings and ensure blueprints comply with regulations.
- Ensure that workplace design reflects an inclusive environment and factors in well-being and ease of collaboration while utilizing physical space.
- Effectively respond to Retail business strategies, ensuring design standards are integrated according to plan and business goals.
- Ensure cooperation, teamwork, and alignment with CIBC objectives and overall CIBC policy and standards.
- Develop and recommend business strategies for the group within the context of overall CIBC business strategies and plans.
- Implement the approved strategic direction, objectives, and business plans and ensure effective achievement of results for the Corporate Real Estate group and optimization of our design.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure quality delivery and cost effectiveness of the group’s services by ensuring adequate measurement of, and response to, client satisfaction, technological opportunities, and expense management goals.
- Deliver structured analysis and disciplined project management.
- Provide effective market analysis and benchmarking services.
- Build effective relationships between CIBC and its strategic level vendors such as design and architect firms, developers and key stakeholders, constantly evolving the relationships improving service level quality and establishing CIBC as a preferred customer of these suppliers.
- Lead vendor management activities, including RFP, SoW creation and execution i.e. design, furniture vendors.
- Monitoring adherence to performance measures, service standards as articulated in service level agreements, to ensure that client needs/expectations for timely, quality service are being met.
- Ensure that a framework of policies, practices and procedures are in place to promote effective change management, good corporate governance and monitor and manage accordingly.
- Provide ongoing advice and direction on complex and conceptual issues. (E.g., the design and delivery of corporate response to tenders that involve sophisticated client requests, technological services and competitive challenges).
- Lead the creation of business cases.
- Effectively integrate and align design and workplace experience area into the broader Real Estate group resulting in efficiencies and enhanced delivery of quality services and support.
- Maximize internal efficiencies and improve business effectiveness by assessing proposals related to technology, resources, premises, and developing comprehensive recommendations.
- Ensure the group assumes an appropriate role in the development and implementation of products, services, strategies and solutions that will support CIBC’s goals, be cost effective and maintain competitiveness.
- Individually manage and/or delegate the execution and implementation of multiple sourcing initiatives.
- Where required, ensure well negotiated contracts with appropriate governance and compliance in place to manage the contract, the goods, and services, and the vendor.
- Facilitate internal client management including CEO and senior CIBC executives in the commitment to implementing the real estate strategy.
- Communicate directly with CEO and Senior CIBC executives on complex real estate Initiatives.
- Manage any project related activities required to support real estate where required.
- Ensure Operational Effectiveness and Compliance for all real estate design related initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are implemented based on internal guidelines and any issues identified by Governance, Risk and Control, Compliance, and Internal Audit.
- Lead a team of senior level people to achieve the strategic, business and financial plans in a manner consistent with CIBC's values, strategies and core programs.
- Provide overall leadership to the group leading by example and demonstrating CIBC Values.
- Ensure competent staff are recruited, retained, developed, trained, motivated and rewarded fairly.
- Ensure that roles, responsibilities and accountabilities are defined and understood. Establish, monitor and refine the objectives and work plans covering the activities of the functional areas within the Design and Workplace Experience team.
- Provide motivation, coaching, training and developmental opportunities to ensure employees are capable of performing at or developing to the necessary professional standards. This includes providing specialized counsel to staff in the resolution of complex issues.
What We’re Looking For
- University degree, Architect and design degree or equivalent and extensive knowledge of the financial services and real estate industries.
- Knowledge of corporate real estate to provide advice on short and long term real estate needs for the bank.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate industry and its principles, practices, and processes sufficient to analyze and evaluate complex issues and to provide direction and advice in identifying appropriate creative, innovative solutions or directions.
- Extensive experience of the practices, procedures, principles, and services that encompass a Corporate Real Estate environment sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts.
- Developed technical knowledge to perform analysis and make recommendations (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, workflow analysis, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in planning, costing, management reporting, performance measurement and analytical procedures and techniques to understand and leverage market data and financial analysis.
- Advanced influence and negotiating skills sufficient to shape decision-making process on matters such as complex real estate transactions/projects and the negotiations of changes to the service level agreements with service providers as required and the on-going contract management to ensure the achievement of customer satisfaction and optimized costs.
- Management/leadership skills sufficient to integrate functions, and to lead/motivate a large and diverse workforce faced with significant organizational/procedural changes and service expectations.
- Well-developed managerial and people leadership skills.
- Well-developed influencing, communication, and presentation skills sufficient to obtain and support executive level management and elicit cooperation and consensus from business leaders in the implementation of programs, and resolve distinct differences of opinion or approach.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills to effectively liaise with Internal CIBC service providers (support groups) and build teamwork, trust and mutual respect.
- Well-developed interactive skills sufficient to provide detailed explanation and interpretation of factual and conceptual information and ideas related to complex technical and conceptual issues.
- Ability to establish key processes that are not necessarily well defined, initiate design and development where no processes exist and make improvements and refinements where process efficiency and effectiveness opportunities exist.
- Developed Project Management capability.
- Developed project planning, management and scheduling skills; ability to prioritize and meet timelines.
***Posting expires at midnight on July 6 ***
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC West 18th Floor
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Canada Art Sport and Music Association (CASMA) is a place where we strive to build athletes, artists and leaders of tomorrow. CASMA offers year-round programming for boys and girl [...]
GMs - Managers Kettleman’s Bagel Co.is a unique, quick-serve restaurant taking Bagels to the next level. Are you a Manager in the Hospitality industry that likes to have fun, work hard and be re [...]
ABOUT US CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian inves [...]
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world's top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses? What is Canonical? Canonical helps enterprises and governments lowe [...]