Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 268131
Position Number: 20044324
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Work Location: Seven Oaks General Hospital
Department / Unit: CNO
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 09/01/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days
On Call: Yes
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Seven Oaks General Hospital provides exceptional care and strives to prevent illness and restore health.
Leads a multi-disciplinary team of clinical and support staff in order to provide person-centred care and strive to prevent illness, restore and maximize the health of our patients. The successful incumbent will be initially assigned the Renal Program; however, within SOGH assignments could include Family Medicine, Geriatric Rehabilitation and/or Specialty Care.
Lead a multi-disciplinary team of technical, clinical, and clinical support staff in the integrated delivery of the routine to complex health services for a clinical focus area. Inspire and lead health services staff across the organization to embrace and adopt integrated, patient-centered care pathways and service delivery models. Provide service-delivery focused operational leadership to health services, partnering closely with the senior leadership of the organization to support patients in accessing multiculturally respectful health services.
5 years of progressive management experience leading a broad spectrum of health services in a large, publically funded health services delivery organization including:
- 5 years of direct clinical services delivery across one or more assigned geographic or clinical areas of health care, such as:
- primary health and community services including population health, health promotion and illness prevention for diverse populations across the human lifespan
- acute inpatient, specialty care and complex ambulatory settings
- integrating innovative community-based care modes (such as home care, primary care, etc.) to optimize healthy aging, health restoration and maintenance, and to deliver high quality care in the areas of chronic disease, palliative care, community mental health, rehabilitation and/or long-term care
- 3 years of management experience leading an interdisciplinary health service
- 3 years of experience participating in operational planning, implementing operational directives, and achieving formal quality, patient safety, service integration and partner collaboration goals and objectives
- 3 years of experience building and leading a high-performing, interdisciplinary team in a publically funded health services delivery organization including influencing and collaborating with senior management
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant health discipline from an accredited education institution; a postgraduate degree is an asset
- Active member of an associated regulatory body as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated comprehensive senior leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 25 pounds
- Interruptions to respond to questions from senior management in the organization, third-party compliance bodies, and vendors are common; incumbent is able to schedule dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle for regular travel within the province
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Additional Skills - Instruct apprentices - Clean and lubricate cranes Work Setting - Industrial plant Type of Cranes - Overhead crane Specific Skills - Perform routine maintenance wor [...]
The Accurate Technology Group is a leader in the industry for low voltage wiring, home automation, audio, security systems and much more! In business for over 32 years, we primarily service newly cons [...]
Job description We are looking for highly effective & professional pharmacy assistant to join our team. Key Responsibilities include: -Greeting and maintaining a friendly working relationship with [...]
Weight Handling - Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Work Setting - Warehouse - Printing shop Own Tools/Equipment - Steel-toed safety boots Work Site Environment - Noisy - Dusty - Hot Transpor [...]