Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute/Emergency/Long Term CareWork Site: Bella Coola General Hospital - Bella Coola, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $36.23 - $47.58 per hourHours:
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at Bella Coola General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with Bella Coola General Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing care to patients/clients on the inpatient ward.
- Provide nursing care to predominantly older residents in a continuing care setting.
- Provide emergency nursing care to patients/clients of all ages presenting to the emergency department with a wide variety of symptoms.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/resident/patient and/or family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in your nursing practice.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 long term care beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Relocation assistance and staff housing may be available.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing program in emergency or critical care nursing, one year recent, related experience in emergency or critical care nursing, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient/client/resident responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description:A busy CPA firm looking for a friendly, organized, detail-oriented person to join our team. If you thrive on providing excellent customer service and have an aptitude for multitasking [...]
Not just a job… a community a partnership a team You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to bu [...]
Flair Airlines, Canada’s only ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC), is expanding ambitiously with the addition of 13 new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Emerging as Canada’s only true independent ULCC, Flair [...]
THE OPPORTUNITY: GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER THE COMPANY: Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a de [...]