Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 256021
Position Number: 20043781
Posting End Date: July 4, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Flexible in Manitoba
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
This exciting opportunity is one of many created by the creation of a provincial health care system able to support integrated and patient-focused health services throughout Manitoba. Manitoba’s Health System Transformation is supporting the creation of roles that will support enhanced planning and integration, new areas of focus and improved consistency across health organizations.
For more information of Health System Transformation and the initiatives that will provide Manitobans with high quality, equitable and sustainable health care, please refer to https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/hst/index.html.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Administration and Shared Services include the administrative functions of Shared Health and the shared services provided to all provincial health system SDOs. Within this service area, the provincial capital planning shared service provides a consolidated provincial health system capital plan and delivers all capital projects. We are seeking a director provincial capital planning who will:
- Develop and manage the capital planning shared service that provides capital planning and capital project management services to Manitoba’s service delivery organizations (SDOs)
- Create an annual planning process with all SDOs to develop a provincially prioritized capital plan for submission to MHSC for approval
- Work directly with SDO corporate leaders to understand the SDOs’ specific needs and challenges around capital planning and capital project execution
- Bring together and lead a dynamic team of direct and indirect reporting staff in project management, construction management and facilities management to support client organizations with effective and responsive capital planning and construction support to enable innovative and sustainable health services
- Provide leadership to the capital planning team to ensure services are client focused and delivered to support the health system’s needs for capital planning, construction, and infrastructure management across the province
- Work closely with Shared Health facilities management staff to utilize their knowledge, and experience in developing capital planning and project standards
- Be responsible, accountable, and act as owner’s representative to oversee a portfolio of funder approved diverse and complex capital projects ranging in size up to $300 million while ensuring appropriate regulatory compliance, human safety, and risk management
7 years of experience managing a team of capital planning, project management, construction and facilities management staff delivering infrastructure build, renovation, and maintenance services across a large, geographically dispersed area in a 24/7/365 critical systems environment, preferably in the health sector including:
- 5 years of senior management experience including leading services planning and implementing approved operating plans
- 5 years of experience building and managing a large, interdisciplinary team in capital planning in the areas of infrastructure general contracting, construction/renovation, and facilities project management
- 5 years of interpreting program data, architectural and engineering designs to produce reports for senior management
- 5 years of experience negotiating and reviewing major contracts for infrastructure, property, facilities and construction project management services and equipment
- Post-secondary degree in infrastructure economics, construction management, engineering, or a related field from an accredited education institution
- Additional education in facilities management, quantity surveying, estimating, and bidding are assets, as is education in project management, organizational change management and cultural awareness
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Active member in good standing of an associated regulatory body as appropriate
- Project management, construction and LEED certifications are considered assets
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated comprehensive mid-to-senior leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 10 kg
- Interruptions from key stakeholders are common; dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration can be scheduled
- Regular travel throughout the service area requiring a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
For more information about the available opportunities in the Manitoba health system resulting from Manitoba’s Health System Transformation, please contact [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
OUR COMPANY JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in [...]
Requisition ID: 270966 Position Number: 20028131 Posting End Date: July 28, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Deer Lodge Centre Department / Unit: Lodge 5 Chronic Care Job Stream: Clinical Union [...]
Requisition ID: 270181 Position Number: 20033842 Posting End Date: July 28, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Shared Health Work Location: Concordia Hospital Department / Unit: Diagnostic Imaging - CG [...]
Job Description Join our dynamic team as a Style Specialist! As a LE CHÂTEAU Style Specialist you play a valuable and exciting role in our fast-paced store. LE CHÂTEAU is dedicated to providing y [...]