Requisition ID: 105947
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Data Centre Network Services team is responsible for level 3 support and project deployments, both on premise Data Centres and the Cloud, to support the digital transformation of the Bank’s global network. We are responsible for supporting and deploying new technologies, following best practices, and consulting and coordinating with the Bank’s many technology teams with the aim of providing a highly resilient network as the underlying core of the Bank’s technology infrastructure. As part of the larger Global Network Services team,
there is involvement in end-to-end network connectivity and solutioning for data centre network services, campus and remote office integrations as well as perimeter security network technologies.
We are filling 3 positions from this job posting.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, Data Centre Network Services, you will play a critical part in helping the team support the various technologies within our Global Network. You will be expected to be a part of the teams’ rotational on call duties and, when required, be a part of after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends.
Is this role right for you?
- You are eager to work with leading edge technologies to incorporate complex network solutions, as well as work with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
- You thrive on being hands-on during mid to complex project deployments into production. This will include the support of assigned systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity.
- You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
- You understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You are highly interested in software-defined Data Centre technologies like Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX and want to help drive the road-map and adoption within a large-scale enterprise network.
- You are interested in getting in on the Cloud floor as the team gets more hands on with the network in the Public Cloud, including environments like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure and IBM SoftLayer.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have 6+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting, deploying and interconnecting with the following network technologies at an enterprise scale:
- Cisco Routers & Switches
- Cisco Firewalls/VPN
- F5 LTM/GTM
- Infoblox DNS/DHCP and IPAM
- You have at least 2+ years of hands on technical working experience with 1 or more of the following software defined technologies - Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), VMware NSX or similar technology.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience with various Public Cloud (Azure & GCP preferred) environments, in a network related capacity.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the support & deployment of 802.1X Network Authentication (Wired and Wireless) using Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience in network automation with some of the below skill sets:
- Python experience
- Familiar with some of the following libraries (Flask-RESTful, Flask Blueprint, Netmiko/Paramiko/NAPALM (Network Automation and Programmability Abstraction Layer with Multivendor support), Requests, Regular Expressions and JSON/YAML)
- Familiar with object-oriented Python programming (REST API endpoint, API authentication protection, asynchronous programming, multi-threading)
- Familiar with GIT protocol (Bitbucket server, Git branching model, etc…
- You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Arista switches & routers
- You possess a strong core foundation experience in fundamental network technologies and protocols.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.
What's in it for you?
- While our focus is on finding someone to strengthen our team’s technical bench on cloud and software defined data centre technologies, we’re part of a global team with a mandate covering the entire network. As a team we can explore and work with an extensive variety of network technologies.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when we can physically go back to work, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks + a Tim Horton’s kiosk.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV’s. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that’s steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference i [...]
Our Company Digital Shovel is a 3-year-old tech start-up, focused on manufacturing large-scale infrastructure components to support Blockchain centric data centers. Since our inception, we have striv [...]
Date Posted: 07/17/2021 Req ID: 5427 Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough Department: UTSC:Arts & Science Co-op Programs Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) [...]
Sells products to new customers thru face to face, digital or phone based actions in assigned segment or geography Identifies and Self sources new opportunities Serves as a trusted advisor, leve [...]