Requisition ID: 106637
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture
NEXT FIFTY - GBM Summer 2022 Internships
July 28 & 29, 2021
What is NEXT FIFTY?
Are you entering your 3rd year of undergrad this Fall 2021? Are you looking to land a Summer 2022 internship within Global Banking and Markets at Scotiabank? If your answers are “yes”, NEXT FIFTY is where you need to be!
NEXT FIFTY is a two-day conference (powered by Scotiabank) where fifty intelligent, impressive, competitive students will build their network with executive leaders across the organization, participate in amazing workshops, win wow-worthy prizes, hear from motivational guest speakers,
engage with Scotia campus recruiters and TILT program managers, and most importantly… secure their Summer 2022 dream internship! That’s right… you read that correctly. The top fifty hand-picked students that land a spot at NEXT FIFTY are guaranteed a Summer 2022 internship at Scotiabank or Tangerine. This is not a drill. We are on a serious mission to find the BEST and brightest students… and hire them ASAP!
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who We Are?
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Our Capital Market interns will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program, focusing on Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Equity Research, Financial Engineering etc. Interns will have an opportunity to meet and network with students working across Scotiabank and get involved in the Scotiabank Student Social Committee. All interns will also have access to our Mentoring program where they will be teamed up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development. The objective of these internships is to identify exceptional candidates for full-time opportunities with the GBM Capital Markets team.
Taking part in NEXT FIFTY will give you the opportunity to land a Summer 2022 internship in one of our competitive front office roles, including:
1. Investment Banking: Four-month rotational internship where you will have the opportunity to have two, two-month rotations any of our Coverage Group teams, Mergers and Acquisition team or Equity Capital Markets team. Interns will learn how to perform complex financial analysis such as market comparisons, company valuations and pro-forma financial modeling. In addition, Co-op Analysts prepare company and industry specific research to support financial valuations.
1. Sales and Trading: Four-month internship position designed to introduce undergraduate students to the stimulating and dynamic environment of wholesale sales and trading. Students will be placed in one of the following desks for the duration of their internship: Global Equity Derivatives - Investor Solutions, Global Equity Derivatives - Trading, Fixed Income Derivative Solutions, Commercial FX & DPG, Corporate Derivative Products Group, Retail FX and Precious Metals, FX Trading, Fixed Income Sales and Trading, FICC Structuring, CMF: Collateral Management Funding, Prime Services, Commodities and Derivatives, or XVA Trading.
1. Corporate Banking: Four-month internship in the Credit Analytics Group (CAG) team with exposure to a broad range of assignments in each industry including researching and analyzing financial information, researching industry and market data, completing borrower credit risk analysis, and assisting with the credit process by participating in transaction analysis.
How do I Apply for NEXT FIFTY?
For students, we believe evaluating you through relationships over resumes, and we are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don’t believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you’re truly about in order to properly assess your potential. Instead, we want to get to know YOU and hear about your experiences that have shaped you. We know… this might sound crazy but we do not want you to submit your resume. Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the steps below:
1) Complete your PLUM Profile here
2) Take a screenshot of your completed PLUM profile
3) Complete a very short one-way video interview by clicking here (if you have already done this in the past with us, you don't need to do it again)
4) When it prompts you to submit your resume, do not attach your resume! Instead, attach the screenshot of your PLUM profile under the ''resume'' section (step #2 above). Cover letters are optional - not required.
Note: You do not need to complete your PLUM profile or video interview multiple times if you are applying to multiple positions. Also, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won’t use the screenshot but it’s a great reminder for each of you to have completed it.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank and/or Tangerine! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
**In order to be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank and/or Tangerine, you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview. **
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hiring 3 year or more experienced driver for US long haul trip on Reefer/Dry Van ON to AZ , CA , WA TX, FL mix match trips $8000- $10000 a month easy Get Paid every trip 70 Cent Mile Brand New Truck W [...]
The company is a category leader in providing life cycle management services for the electricity industry. Trusted by clients worldwide, our expertise in engineering, testing, inspection, and certific [...]
Job title: Business Analyst - Security Contract role Banking client Qualifications of Must have Skills: 1. At least 4 years of prior work experience with strong project coordination skills, a [...]
A chef de partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen. A chef de partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful [...]