Requisition ID: 105793
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role:
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. The platform is used by development teams globally to host hundreds of applications. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers,
creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Software Engineer operates within the Cloud Platform Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use.
What we are looking for?
- Key accountabilities include development and maintenance of applications to enable safe enterprise-wide use of the cloud platform.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Designing, implementing and refactoring code.
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Working with other engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Supporting application teams on the use of the platform including providing guidance on design patterns, best practices, and security considerations.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history, and breadth of language and framework experience (e.g. Java, Spring, NodeJS, React).
- Experience in designing and implementing web applications and services.
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies.
- Experience in cloud platform features and capabilities is an asset.
- Ability to work on ambiguous problem of moderate complexity.
- Experience in developing with modern technology stack.
- Self-sufficient, works under the supervision of a more senior engineer.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, or security considerations.
- Experience working with databases.
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
- Experience with PCF is a benefit.
- Experience with Kubernetes or containerized applications is a benefit.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 105793 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role: Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize [...]
Requisition ID: 110004 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The team: Scotiabank’s Data Centre Network Services team is respon [...]
Requisition ID: 110745 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Our team located in Digital Factory is growing quickly and we are spe [...]
Requisition ID: 105115 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role: Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize [...]