Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Apply for position
Registered Nurse- Same Day Surgery / Surgical Short Stay Unit- Casual (211935 (2 positions)) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 5/31/2021 11:35:17 AM
We currently have two Casual opportunities for Registered Nurses in the Same Day Surgery- Surgical Short Stay Unit at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
Responsible for primary care of post-operative patients in phase 2 recovery. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy in accordance with standards of the College of Nurses organization and Person Centered Care, OPANA Standards, and the mission, vision and values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
- Current Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Significant recent related Post-Surgical care experience required;
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care;
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner;
- Strong patient assessment skills required
- Ability to adapt to and prioritize in a multi-focused, fast-changing and stressful environment;
- Demonstrated effective ability in communication skills: interpersonal relationships; oral and written organization skills; prioritizing; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution;
- Able to function independently and as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control best practice;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years;
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects;
- Current Ontario Registration; Current BCLS; ACLS preferred;
- Oncology experience preferred;
- Venipuncture and IV Certification required
- Demonstrated commitment to person centre care approach and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) quoting 211935 to:
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hiring 3 year or more experienced driver for US long haul trip on Reefer/Dry Van ON to AZ , CA , WA TX, FL mix match trips $8000- $10000 a month easy Get Paid every trip 70 Cent Mile Brand New Truck W [...]
The company is a category leader in providing life cycle management services for the electricity industry. Trusted by clients worldwide, our expertise in engineering, testing, inspection, and certific [...]
Job title: Business Analyst - Security Contract role Banking client Qualifications of Must have Skills: 1. At least 4 years of prior work experience with strong project coordination skills, a [...]
A chef de partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen. A chef de partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful [...]