Canadian Red Cross
Full-time Temporary - 12 months
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Advanced Technician in the HELP program. Reporting to the Equipment Supply Associate, or designate, this position reprocesses, delivers and installs HELP basic and advanced equipment to clients at various locations. The Advanced Technician also supports HELP technical volunteers.
- Cleans and disinfects health equipment, according to standards
- Inspects, repairs and maintains health equipment, according to standards
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and carries out repairs,
following manufacturer’s specifications
- Documents repairs and maintains up-to-date equipment records in inventory management system
- Delivers, installs and picks up equipment to/from clients’ homes
- Instructs clients and caregivers in the proper use and maintenance of equipment
- Transports equipment between HELP sites and delivers, installs and picks up equipment from clients’ homes, as per established procedures
Qualifications Education and Experience
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in working with hand and basic power tools.
Abilities and Skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and client service skills
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period)
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Training in health equipment repair
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
- 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday. Work varies from warehouse, to shop, to delivery of equipment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- May be required to work out of other HELP locations in the Lower Mainland.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data Desktop Support Technician Job Summary: Our client in Vancouver, Canada is looking for a Desktop Support Technician. This is a [...]
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 40 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monit [...]
Good Natured Products Inc., a leader in earth-friendly products that combine the very latest in plant-based renewable materials , currently has a rare opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join their [...]
Do YOU share OUR real passion for: - Advocating for our customers’ needs and creating a personalized experience - Genuinely displaying humanity in every customer interaction - Being an except [...]