What is the opportunity?
In the role of Senior Application Developer you will provide technical leadership and execution of development deliverables for the International Core Banking Platform. You will partner across IT and Business to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder requirements. The Senior Technical Specialist will also provide SME (Subject Matter Expertise) for technical design and solutioning under their stewardship. You will provide consulting services on new initiatives (small to large and of varying complexity) and assess, research, and analyze business and system needs.
What will you do?
- Work with Product Owner, Project Manager and Architecture Design Authority to determine best mix of development and interfacing applications to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing and/or recommending mitigation strategies.
- Design, develop, code, document and execute programs of difficult complexity. Conduct unit, and systems testing or works alongside project team to review and approve depending on the complexity of the project or the number of development staff on the project.
- Manage joint development, testing and plans and co-ordinates implementations. Performs performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions. Coordinates testing with external vendors, as/if required.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project. Develops master distribution lists, implementation and contingency plans ensuring verification is performed.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment with exceptional attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational, time management, and decision making skills
- Impart knowledge, benefit of experience, and mentoring to other members of the team
- Drive and research product development options and provide analysis and recommendation for product direction.
What do you need to succeed?
- 8 + years’ experience working in an application development environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information technology or related discipline or equivalent experience in programming disciplines.
- Experience with coding and development on AS400 (renamed the IBM iSeries (IBM i)), primarily COBOL and COBOL/ILE programming language.
- Experience with OS/400, CL Programming, SQL, and DB/400 relational databases.
- Fluent in technology and knowledge of software development methodologies/techniques
- Experience with Middleware technologies (ex. MQ, IFS, Data Queue, XML) is an asset
- Knowledge of Java is an asset.
- Knowledge of Source Code Management software Rocket Aldon, ARCAD, Jira
- Agile Development experience preferred
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 369358
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Seeking a licensed driver private personal caregiver for assistance to fairly independent seniors living in a home with working adults and school-age children. Providing company to very friendly Engl [...]
Drive truck w/ (G License willing to acquire Restricted A) and equipment to predetermined sites. Assist with work while on site. $30-$40/hr [...]
Job Description:Why you’ll love us:Blo is the industry leader, with over 100 North American locations and growing. Blo is a recognized brand with an international presence in the hair and beauty ind [...]
Looking for people to join our team. Window Cleaner Monday through Saturday full time position. For more information please call 4168877595 Buscando pessoas para trabalhar limpando janelas. Tempo int [...]