What is the opportunity?
The Product Controller will provide quality support to various asset classes and trading strategies within Capital Markets in the US. The Product Controller will perform daily mark to market analysis, trading reviews, and commission analytics. It also expected the individual to perform P&L; and decomposition analytics, reconciliations, and reporting on an accurate and timely basis. This role has heavy interactions with the Front Office, Middle Office, Information Technology, Financial Control, Commission Accounting, Risk Management, and other operating units to facilitate trading and commission activities, daily PL production and strategic initiatives.
What will you do?
- Perform Daily P&L; reconciliation and analytic functions, while maintaining effective validation and controls
- P&L; Decomposition with Greeks
- Partner with Operations, IT teams to verify asset movements and resolve system generated breaks
- Support the analysis on VAR back testing with Risk.
- Meeting Reporting deadlines and investigating/documenting breaches
- Liaison between the Traders and other areas within the firm (FC, IT, Valuations, Risk, and Operations)
- Business Revenue Reporting coverage:
- Cash; US ,CAD and EUR Products, ETF (Domestic & International), Cash Market Making, Options Trading
- Electronic; US Program and Algo Trading.
- Primary and Block revenue reporting
- Also includes daily global reporting for GE & sectors
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experiences in Product Control or specializing in Business/Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- Strong analytics skillset, upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to follow up with stake holders and pro-actively understand the business process
- Independent and critical thinker
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Effective communication and comfort level interacting with senior managers on a regular basis
- Results driven and ability to meet tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/12/2021
Req ID: 369364
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
ACML’s Human Resources team is growing! Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career with Canada’s leading provider of customized operations and solutions? If you are a devoted and caree [...]
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their [...]
So many people have either lost their jobs or have been unable to go back to work. More than 40% of individuals will be unemployed because their jobs will be eliminated or will not exist in the coming [...]
Overview Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As a leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse multi-cultur [...]