What is the opportunity?
The Product Controller, Valuations will perform Independent Price Verification (IPV) and other Valuation Adjustments (VA) across a wide range of mainly equity derivative positions for RBC. The Product Controller will design and maintain a robust valuations environment; while ensuring market valuations are accurate, timely and representative of traded markets.
What will you do?
- Play a key role in the production and methodology for IPV and VAs relating to the designated complex trading books. Ensure IPV issues outside accepted tolerances are reported and dealt with promptly. Calculate monthly valuation adjustments
- Play a key role in the provision of detailed reports and analysis to RBC risk committees, business heads, senior managers and heads of Valuations, Market Risk and Finance on VA/IPV results
- Ensure that existing VA/IPV processes continue to be aligned and keep pace with the business, and Regulator and Accounting Best Practice
- Ensure that all VA/IPV processes are complete and follow RBC’s risk policies and procedures. Identify and escalate appropriate improvements
- Develop new and enhance existing Valuation policies. Documentation of Methods & Practices, Sources of Market Data, Prudential Valuations & Stress Test of Valuations
- Review of any material new transactions with reference to payoff structure and decomposition of the drivers of revenue
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree in finance, economics or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant area – Valuations or Market Risk experience is an advantage
- Practical knowledge of financial product pricing and portfolio valuation with a focus on equity derivatives
- Advanced understanding of procedures and operational controls as they relate to trading systems and workflows
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline
- Accountancy designation, CFA Charter Holder, FRM or PRM certification
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 07/12/2021
Platform: CFO Group
Req ID: 368797
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Canada Art Sport and Music Association (CASMA) is a place where we strive to build athletes, artists and leaders of tomorrow. CASMA offers year-round programming for boys and girl [...]
GMs - Managers Kettleman’s Bagel Co.is a unique, quick-serve restaurant taking Bagels to the next level. Are you a Manager in the Hospitality industry that likes to have fun, work hard and be re [...]
ABOUT US CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian inves [...]
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world's top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses? What is Canonical? Canonical helps enterprises and governments lowe [...]