Today's Shopping Choice (TSC) is both a retailer and a media company, operating a daily live TV home shopping service (available in 10 million households, nationally) and a robust e-commerce storefront (tsc.ca). TSC is poised for exponential growth. As shoppers' behaviours change and the retail industry transforms quickly to adapt, TSC finds itself at the sweet spot of opportunity and ability to change. The desire to shop more easily from home combined with the rise in new models of video consumption across digital platforms, presents TSC's unique ''story-selling'' assets and expertise with a bright future forward.
We diligently operate the core business that is,
but show up everyday to enthusiastically build the business that it can be. We are smart, brave, and ambitious. We believe in our growth and work together with a sense of purpose and urgency.
We're building a super star team!
TSC is looking to fill a seat at our Merchandising and Revenue Leadership team for the role of Buying Director, Fashion and Jewellery. As we continue to operate our core business while also expanding our foray into new strategies for growth, this role will support our existing retail models while also guiding our rapid transformation to the new. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert on ''what we sell'' and also ''how and where we sell it. '' You understand that you cannot answer these questions alone, as such you will lean on input from your peers - on customer insights, channel performance, financial considerations, technology and platform capabilities - to adapt and inform your recommendations. You will be responsible for identifying business opportunities, evaluating various partnerships and external considerations, understanding digital marketplace models and driving a holistic vision of the Merchandise strategy in Fashion and Jewellery.
This is an unique opportunity to be at the centre of TSC's bold strategy to transform, and to do it in such as way that we build upon our TV home shopping roots, observe our future with fresh eyes, innovate courageously, and unequivocally deliver an engaging consumer offering with products that they consider ''worth buying''.
What you will do…
- Oversee omni-channel Fashion and Jewellery Merchandise sourcing and purchasing
- Drive the overall performance of Fashion and Jewellery, establishing and consistently communicating short and long-term merchandising objectives in support of TSC’s strategy and channel specific strategies
- Partner with Merchandising Planning to profitably execute their category group’s sales profit, sales, and inventory targets. This person will define and develop assortment growth opportunities in alignment with TSC’s overarching merchandising strategy.
- Make purchasing decisions including product availability, market trends, alignment with strategies and financial targets
- Maintain merchandise vendor negotiations and relationships and gain a thorough understanding of partners who can add additional value to our offering (ie. marketing support, celebrity associations, CSR alignment, PR opportunities ... etc.)
- Establish Dropship and own-buy product strategy and mix. With bias toward maximising dropship opportunities
- Work collaboratively with peers in Trend, Content, Marketing, Digital and Data team to align on consumer and market trends to inform brand and production selection decisions.
- Direct and oversee team on brands / assortments planning and execution.
- Oversee OTB management with Merchandising planning partner
- Partner with Merchandising Planning and Marketing team on promotion strategy and execution
- Clarity on workflow and process to ensure Fashion and Jewellery buying team provide relevant information, samples, POs to cross functional teams to maximize team efficiency.
- Consistently keep abreast of competitive marketplace from shopping network to multi-category retailers, DTC brands and beyond
Live Broadcast channel (core business):
- Develop and execute merchandise strategies for Live Broadcast by category
- Track Financial KPls (Demand Sales, Gross Margins, Inventory)
- Work collaboratively with the Director, Merchandising Linear & content to optimize live show approach, efficiency, and effectiveness at all times
Digital channel (growth business):
- Set strategy with digital merchandising team on categorization and attributes.
- Idealization and partnership with digital and marketing team on trend and seasonal relevant specialty shops
- Gain a thorough understanding of potential partners in the DTC merchant ecosystem and ancillary players who could add value to our offering or accelerate our success
- Maintain a close connection to the Director, Digital and Director to understand our niche in the digital/ e-commerce space to expand reach (ie. Live Commerce, category focus vs. demographic focus)
- Ensure we have the right talent in the organization to support and drive strategy and growth
- Succession planning
- Perform Talent Review as well as individual team member performance reviews (mid-year and annual reviews).
- Follow up and action plans that emerge from talent reviews
- Provide ongoing coaching and development with direct reports
What you will bring…
- Expert knowledge in the Canadian and international fashion and jewellery space
- Ideally with experience across mass and luxury markets
- Elevated taste level combines with immense business acumen
- Proven success within retail merchandising, with demonstrated financial acumen managing multi-million dollars categories
- Passion and interest in current retail transformations and evolution of customer experiences associated with shopping
- Curiosity; Active Listening
- Humility and demonstrate an inclusive mindset, at all times
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with both internal and external clients
- Equal ability to think and do; proactive
- Ability to navigate large organization; optimize for speed
- Strong leadership, collaborative and people development skills with proven leadership ability that inspires others to strive for results.
- Experience in training, development and coaching of others
- Well-developed negotiation and vendor relationship skills
- Strategic business thinker who is results oriented and track record of overachieving
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Retail (Store Management / Corporate) & Merchandising
Requisition ID: 237404
Posting Notes: Media
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Company: FedEx Express Canada Job Title: Delivery Driver Job Requisition Number: RC333024 Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Courier Time Type: Part Time Worker Sub-Type: Casual/Casu [...]
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Out Housekeeping team makes our hotels feel like home. As a Room Attendant, your contribution helps ensure guests ha [...]
Business Operations Manager - Auto Repair Shop Saffar’s Auto Services Inc. is seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to join our team. The right candidate will be a true leader, committe [...]
Schedule Monday - Friday 8:30- 4:30 Education Level 2 year Community College diploma in Office Admnistration or related field. Career Level Experienced (Non- Manager) Job Description Progra [...]