What is the opportunity?
The CM Canadian Regulatory Services group is responsible for ensuring the ever changing regulatory reporting requirements imposed by various global Regulators for OTC Derivatives, are successfully implemented and executed.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the trade reporting regulations including but not limited to Dodd Frank, EMIR, CSA, ASIC and Hong Kong Trade Reporting across the Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives, and FX Derivative trading asset classes. The role will involve daily reconciliations and exception monitoring, investigation, issue management and MI reporting
What will you do?
- Perform daily and weekly trade reporting reconciliations
- Perform daily Global Trade Repository warning report reviews
- Daily exception monitoring and Issue management
- Counterparty reconciliations to Global Trade Repository, monthly MI reporting and daily Valuation health checks
- To ensure all daily tasks/controls are completed in line with the departmental PRIMA maps and procedures.
- To continue to develop product/market knowledge to ensure daily processes are appropriate to reduce operational risks.
- To investigate any processing issues and recommend a course of action to the Team Manager. Once approved, assist in the execution of the proposed change.
- To support colleagues during busy periods by sharing workloads as applicable.
- To adhere to mandatory training requirements in Talentlink and take a proactive approach to suggesting appropriate additional training as required for the role.
- Liaise with Front Office, Business and Client Services, Compliance, IT, Trading Documentation Team, and Client Data Management to resolve any client issues
- Escalate delegated reporting client issues to Senior Management and Compliance as deemed necessary
- Achieve and maintain highest levels of customer Service
- Analyze current state processes to provide suggestions for process re-engineering and technology implementation to improve efficiency and controls.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
What do you need to succeed?
- Two to three years of operational experience with HKTR platform
- Strong understanding of the OTC HKMA regulatory reporting regime
- Operational experience with DTCC Global Trade Repository
- Knowledge of Dodd Frank title VII, EMIR, CSA, ASIC and other global derivatives reform regimes
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products (interest rate, credit, equity, commodity, and FX derivatives)
- Two to three years of operational experience in a busy, high risk and demanding operational environment
- Solid understanding of procedures and operational controls as they relate to systems and work flows
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of Capital Markets trading and the transaction lifecycle
- Detailed understanding of RBC Capital Markets organizational structure (front office sales and trading, middle office, product control, back office operations, regulatory/compliance, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, including presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business, Finance, Math or Engineering
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Proficiency in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) an asset
- Familiarity with front, middle and back office applications (Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarkitWire, TriOptima etc.)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 155 WELLINGTON ST. WEST
Work Hours/Week: 37.5+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/23/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 368776
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Strategic Communications Advisor (12 month temporary role) (210230) Why you’ll love working here: - You’re making an impact by helping to deliver on our Pension Promise - World class Defin [...]
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most [...]
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Out Housekeeping team makes our hotels feel like home. As a Room Attendant, your contribution helps ensure guests ha [...]
Nando's Flamed Grill Chicken - Markham now hiring part/full time dish washing /kitchen helper . training provided. please walk in with your resume for an interview. we are located at 7677 Markham road [...]