Today's Shopping Choice (TSC) is both a retailer and a media company, operating a daily live TV home shopping service (available in 10 million households, nationally) and a robust e-commerce storefront (tsc.ca). TSC is poised for exponential growth. As shoppers' behaviours change and the retail industry transforms quickly to adapt, TSC finds itself at the sweet spot of opportunity and ability to change. The desire to shop more easily from home combined with the rise in new models of video consumption across digital platforms, presents TSC's unique ''story-selling'' assets and expertise with a bright future forward.
We diligently operate the core business that is,
but show up everyday to enthusiastically build the business that it can be. We are smart, brave, and ambitious. We believe in our growth and work together with a sense of purpose and urgency.
We're building a super star team!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and transformational Merchandising and Revenue Team as an Associate Buyer. As we continue to operate our core business while also expanding our foray into new strategies for growth, this role will support our existing retail models while also supporting our rapid transformation to the new. In this role, you will be supporting your category buyer on execution as well as manage all products in your given sub-category with an effort to meeting and exceeding all of your targets. You will work with your vendor base and all internal departments to ensure that the vision for the product is executed. You will ensure that you are constantly aware and ahead of all marketplace trends in your category. This position is a training ground for future buyers.
This is an unique opportunity to be at the centre of TSC's bold strategy to transform, and to do it in such as way that we build upon our TV home shopping roots, observe our future with fresh eyes, innovate courageously, and unequivocally deliver an engaging consumer offering with products that they consider ''worth buying''.
What you will do…
- Oversee omni-channel Fashion & Jewelry sourcing and purchasing
- Support your category buyer on execution as well as manage all products in your given sub-category with an effort to meeting and exceeding all of your targets
- Be constantly aware of all new product and category innovations utilizing all available revenues (social platform, trade publication, business trend news, competitors etc) and working with the vendor network.
- Manage product life cycles and inventory levels to ensure that all targets are met. Manage products to ensure we are ''in stock'' at all times, review and maintain inventory levels on a constant and regular basis.
- Assist as required, the processing purchase order worksheets. This includes the accurate and timely set up of new items.
- Work with TV Sales and Programming to ensure that the vision for the show is effectively and accurately communicated to the customer.
- Main liaison between cross functional teams - provide cross functional teams (Content, Digital, Marketing, Creatives, customer service, etc) with relevant information in a timely fashion to ensure efficient and seamless process.
- Provide direction to Merchandise Assistants to ensure key tasks are completed on-time; item set-up, product data entry and pricing adjustments.
- Complete sales analysis reporting for the programs managed on a weekly (or as needed) basis. Ensure all analysis is distributed and then kept on file for future reference.
- Manage all marketing initiatives (samples, features/benefits) such as recommendations for monthly mailer, print material, presell, catalogue, price changes, icons.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring…
- Passionate, hard-working, dedicated, innovative and forward thinking
- Retail Buying/Merchandise/Marketing/Business Development experience
- Thrive in collaboration, an excellent team player
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills with both internal and external clients
- Equal ability to think and do; proactive
- Well-developed negotiation and vendor relationship skills
- Innovative and strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with considerable autonomy
- Results orientated and track record of overachieving
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Flexibility in hours of work to ensure requirements of team and business are met
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Retail (Store Management / Corporate) & Merchandising
Requisition ID: 237332
Posting Notes: Media
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Inkeros is Canada’s fastest growing omni-channel sales and marketing vendors. Founded in 2001, Inkeros has been expanding much across this beautiful country we call home. With Head Offices in Vancou [...]
Are you competitive? Do you love working in a fast paced environment? Are you known as a people-person? If this sounds like you, keep reading. We’re excited to meet the future leaders of our comp [...]
Konica Minolta – the fascinating Global Fortune 1000 Company for innovative business and IT Solutions – is a leading supplier of comprehensive solutions for corporate document and print workflows [...]
Our valued consulting services glient is looking for a Sr. Change Manager to joint their internal PMO team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the change managem [...]