Requisition ID: 106440
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a member of the National Sales Management team, contribute to building and maintaining a strong platform that supports a high performance sales force. The manager is a highly skilled analyst who provides data and technical solutions, develops databases / applications to implement identified solutions; manages change requests and post-implementation support.
The manager is expected to work independently and demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of projects and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
Project work often requires complex data manipulation performed and maintained in multiple databases using VBA and SQL coding to support report generation and distribution.
The manager manages multiple processes and programs, provides operational support and ensures the service provided continues to meet the business need with the utmost efficiency. The incumbent is expected to be an independent and self-driven learner, researching and developing new skills as required while meeting all expected delivery timelines and keeping management appraised of ongoing issues and concerns.
Business Analysis and Delivery of ScotiaMcLeod projects
- Define and prioritize projects to meet the needs of ScotiaMcLeod
- Conduct interviews, define scope, research, analyze and document stakeholder needs
- Develop proposals, detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of projects
- Design new programs and deliver quality solutions to meet stakeholder needs
- Create and execute test plans by facilitating participation of appropriate staff in project completion
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, providing progress reports and recommending actions
Sales Management Support
- Effectively manage a number of core ScotiaMcLeod programs and processes such as Compensation and Performance, Succession Planning and Advisor Agreements
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Ensure all interdependencies and impacts to steady-state systems and operational processes are identified and addressed
- Ensure change, acceptance and approval management is proactive and effective on all projects
- Assist with daily business system support along with managing multiple development projects
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends as relevant
- Facilitate the creation of new reports including generation of macro-enabled spreadsheets and automated delivery and intake of files
- Ensure accuracy of data collected by maintaining databases and or uploading information as required to appropriate systems
- Ability to understand and identify financial data/gaps, recommending controls and writing improved procedures
- Ability to exercise discretion when working with sensitive and confidential information.
Build and maintain relationships with business partners
- Work with our business partners where required to assist with the development of databases to create capacity and align with the business objectives and planned initiatives
Development & Coaching
- Extensive knowledge required of multiple systems (Broadridge, OAM, AS400, MS Access, Visual Studio, .NET Framework), processes and data sources in order to analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Ensure project closeout activities are performed for all projects and that lessons learned are captured and leveraged on future projects in the development of project management processes, tools and techniques
- Provide references for end user by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing support and training users of all developed products
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement and maintain an awareness of new technologies that are available to increase efficiencies and better serve client needs
- Persistently explore and evaluate existing methodologies to enhance and add value to stakeholder experience
- University degree in a quantitative discipline such as business, mathematics or engineering
- 3 - 5 years previous business analysis experience
- In depth knowledge of software development and innovative design (including MS Access, Excel, VBA for MS Access and AS400)
- Knowledge of databases and database architecture and proficient in SQL and C#(.NET)
- Must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual with a strong ability to reconcile competing or conflicting goals in order to help resolve business problems of varying complexity
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills in order to effectively work with end users and all levels of management
- Ability to work independently or in a group as required
- Superior problem solving, analytical, technical writing and data extraction abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- The incumbent must have good knowledge of wealth management concepts
- Miscellaneous Comments:
The role operates within a standard office environment
Dynamic fast paced and high pressure environment
Extended work hours and weekend work are occasionally necessary
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Title: Property Manager Company: Hopewell Real Estate Services Job Type: Full Time Location: Edmonton Hopewell Real Estate Services is a full service third-party commercial property ma [...]
Reference number: 3078 Location: Toronto, ON Responsibilities: The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in various technical and administrative tasks related to recurring and non [...]
Our client in the healthcare regulatory space is seeking candidates for the role of Business Analyst/Project Coordinator. This role will include the review, analysis and evaluation of business systems [...]
Job Description: Position: Manager, Cancer Planning and Projects Status: Full Time Department: Oncology Posted Date: July 23, 2021 - August 6, 2021 Salary per Annum: $103,350 - $129, [...]