Requisition ID: 103416
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
GFRT Core Accounting team architect the deployments of General Ledger solutions and Payment Operations technologies across Global Finance.
The Peoplesoft Application Specialist will be responsible for implementing and supporting the PeopleSoft GL modules along with the integration of all interfaces with the GL.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Understand the high-level business needs surrounding the Peoplesoft Financials module, gathering information, analyzing processes, assessing impacts, documenting detailed business requirements,
creating configuration and design documents to support testing, go live/production support and subsequent hand over of knowledge.
- Identify business requirements and align them to PeopleSoft functionality.
- Configure & support PeopleSoft Financials module based on requirements.
- Provide functional application leadership and guidance regarding best practices and the functionality of the software modules through all phases of an implementation.
- Work with business partners to develop business solution designs to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Assist in documenting and performing application set ups for test/prod instances.
- Thoroughly review application set up and configuration with the appropriate client lead to obtain sign off.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide resolutions as they come
- Support project team for successful delivery of the client’s business requirements through all phases of the implementation.
- Identifying, writing and managing business requirements. Contributing to the functional and technical design, prototyping, and process design stages of implementations (including scenario design, flow mapping).
- Supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training. Work with the Finance department and other stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Analyze, document, and communicate business requirements and processes.
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with technical staff.
- Help determine level of effort and time required for delivery.
- Develop and document business requirements from user perspectives.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly translated and satisfied in functional requirements and design. Assist with system design and data migration reviews as needed.
- Work with Developers and provide guidance as needed.
- Assist with development of test conditions, scripts, and test cases.
- Participate in testing, testing reviews and analysis of testing results. Assist with troubleshooting and providing recommendations.
- Effectively partner with Finance and other IT personnel to deliver solutions.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively to enable delivery and support of applications.
- Follow standard software implementation best practices relative to analysis, configuration, development and testing.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting, data gathering, and feasibility studies to support project business justification as required for management review.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Minimum of 5 years PeopleSoft experience with a strong focus on PeopleSoft GL module as a Functional Consultant
- Working experience in other PS financial module (AP,AM,AR) is an asset
- Minimum of 2-3 full life cycle implementations
- Good understanding of PeopleSoft Architecture, setup tables and processes
- Strong knowledge of PS application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts effectively (storyboards, screen prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with user interface and design
- Conceptual knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Experience with testing execution
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed - works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Fast learner and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Canada Art Sport and Music Association (CASMA) is a place where we strive to build athletes, artists and leaders of tomorrow. CASMA offers year-round programming for boys and girl [...]
GMs - Managers Kettleman’s Bagel Co.is a unique, quick-serve restaurant taking Bagels to the next level. Are you a Manager in the Hospitality industry that likes to have fun, work hard and be re [...]
ABOUT US CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian inves [...]
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world's top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses? What is Canonical? Canonical helps enterprises and governments lowe [...]