The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Assistant for the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP). Reporting to the Coordinator, Client Services, HELP, the employee will provide support in the areas of customer service, data entry, scheduling and volunteer support.
- Provides customer service and volunteer support to HELP
- Provides support to enhance the profile of the Canadian Red Cross in the community
- Maintains quality control by ensuring Red Cross quality assurance standards are met
- Responds to and transfers calls on a multi-line telephone
- Contacts clients about outstanding equipment
- Assists with paperwork and filing as required
- Provides support to other Red Cross programs if need arises
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position include, training in office procedures and customer service, minimum of one (1) year of job related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Applicants must also meet the criteria established by Service Canada funding, which includes:
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills including data entry and database skills
- Must be able to physically lift and carry 50 pounds
- Switchboard experience
- Experience working with volunteers and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of cultural issues
- Fluency in a second language
- Valid First Aid Certification
- Familiarity with medical equipment
- The typical work week will be daytime hours (8:30am - 4:30pm) during Monday to Friday and a minimum of 35 hours per week.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office and warehouse environment.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Driver's Abstract.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Role Coastal Installations Ltd. is expanding and we are looking for a Junior Construction Administrator who is versatile in a range of fields. We are excited to welcome all applicants, and preference [...]
job description What This Position is All About In the role of a Beauty Advisor, you are a friendly, customer-focused individual who understands the importance and intricacies of being ready to ser [...]
Environmental Protection Officer Scientific Technical Officer R24 This position can be located in one of the following Ministry Office locations, subject to operational requirements and space avail [...]
Canadian Tire in Nanaimo is looking for staff to work from 8 PM to 4 AM Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday. You will be working in a fast paced environment adhering to a strict time schedule. Mus [...]