EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
As Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Ernst & Young Electronic Publishing Services Inc. (EYEP) team, which provides knowledge management and web technology advisory services,
and develops and hosts eCommerce-enabled websites. EYEP produces tax, legal, and accounting titles for a variety of distribution channels, including print and online (www.knotia.ca). Partnered with CPA Canada, EYEP is committed to providing accurate and immediate information distribution to our clients. We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join EYEP’s Content team.
Skills and attributes for success
• Track and process daily tax news for the purposes of posting online and converting to Folio. This material includes legislation, news releases, budget materials, and administrative materials (bulletins, guides, etc.).
• Use publishing software to manipulate files into different formats for desktop publishing.
• Ensure all updates are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
• Work with content files to manipulate their format and structure for electronic publication.
• Review products for proper style and formatting.
• Monitor projects and address any production problems or issues (online and print).
• Provide administrative support for EY’s Tax practice knowledge databases and applications, as required.
• Translation of various items, as required.
To qualify for the role you must have
• a post-secondary degree or diploma
• strong proofreading and writing skills
• the ability to meet monthly deadlines and process material efficiently
• excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and flexibility
• a high degree of comfort learning and applying new technology
• excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively, work independently, and deal with clients, colleagues, and government sources professionally and effectively
• practical knowledge of any of the following is a plus: Folio, Adobe FrameMaker, HTML, InDesign
• bilingual (English and French)
• training in proofreading, Folio, research, etc. will be provided; option to work remotely (3–4 days a week)
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to thrive within a fast-paced, professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 111749 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team Our team is responsible for the systems that enable financ [...]
Requisition ID: 111210 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Senior Manager, Credit - Global Risk Management - Latin America (Bil [...]
Address: 55 Bloor Street West Job Family Group: Customer Shared Services The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabil [...]
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients. At CIBC, we embrace your stre [...]