First National Financial LP
Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Jr. Underwriter (Alt - A),
Manager, Residential Underwriting
June 29, 2021
July, 23 2021
Hours of Work:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
*Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
Excalibur department - With both the population and employment demographics of Canada changing so significantly, there are people who want to access a mortgage and own a home - but they may fall outside of traditional credit requirements. Alternative lending (Excalibur) offers a mortgage option for those people. The Jr. Underwriter is responsible for ensuring that all broker conditions are met prior to closing and for all interactions with the Broker to cooperatively satisfy all conditions within a mortgage commitment.
- Manage files from the time they are committed by the underwriter until all of the broker’s conditions are met on the commitment
- Contact the broker via fax/email/phone requesting a solicitor for the file and funding conditions sheet outlining the outstanding conditions on the file
- Follow up with brokers to request additional information where needed
- Provide liaison and support for funding department
- Review all documentation sent from the broker to meet conditions found on the commitment
- Organize all incoming faxes from broker and solicitor
- Verify all employment letters verbally and satisfy income verification and satisfy down payment verification
- Review and satisfy signed commitment, statement of mortgage and mortgage application
- Review and audit all files prior to advancing
- Update information and make corrections where needed to ensure that it is 100% complete and accurate
- Respond to all broker queries and requests and return calls and emails in a timely manner
- Specialize in bridges and transfer mortgages
- Complete special projects as assigned by Team Leader/Manager, Residential Underwriting
The Requirements Needed:
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent work experience required
- One year of mortgage experience preferred (Alt - A)
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Flair Airlines, Canada’s only ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC), is expanding ambitiously with the addition of 13 new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Emerging as Canada’s only true independent ULCC, Flair [...]
Requisition ID: 111941 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role As the Assistant Manager Trainee, you will lead and o [...]
Position Summary: Primarily a sales position, the Sales Area Representative maximizes sales by leveraging strong selling skills while assisting customers in Office Supplies and Furniture (Divisions 1 [...]
Objectif de l’emploi Comme il s’agit principalement d’un poste de vente, le titulaire de ce poste maximisera les ventes en faisant preuve de compétences solides en vente lorsqu’il aide les c [...]