First National Financial LP
Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring an Underwriter (Alt - A),
Manager, Residential Underwriting
June 29, 2021
July 23, 2021
Hours of Work:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
*Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
Excalibur department - With both the population and employment demographics of Canada changing so significantly, there are people who want to access a mortgage and own a home - but they may fall outside of traditional credit requirements. Alternative lending (Excalibur) offers a mortgage option for those people. The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for rendering credit decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal policies, underwriting mortgage commitments, and verifying supporting documentation as submitted by mortgage brokers.
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application, as presented by the broker.
- Negotiate loan terms (where applicable) in order to satisfy the interests of the broker, the client and First National.
- Prioritize deals in Workflow queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied by the solicitor and the broker prior to funding.
- Using the Merlin underwriting system, input: selected conditions, credit information, property details, and borrower information.
- Issues commitments and updates the system accordingly.
The Requirements Needed:
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2 years mortgage underwriting experience (Alt - A) required
- Competency in MS Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Flair Airlines, Canada’s only ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC), is expanding ambitiously with the addition of 13 new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Emerging as Canada’s only true independent ULCC, Flair [...]
Requisition ID: 111941 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role As the Assistant Manager Trainee, you will lead and o [...]
Position Summary: Primarily a sales position, the Sales Area Representative maximizes sales by leveraging strong selling skills while assisting customers in Office Supplies and Furniture (Divisions 1 [...]
Objectif de l’emploi Comme il s’agit principalement d’un poste de vente, le titulaire de ce poste maximisera les ventes en faisant preuve de compétences solides en vente lorsqu’il aide les c [...]