Compagnie de la Baie d'Hudson
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for merchandise received, stocked and expediting the processing of orders. Project work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to meet/exceed HBC’s service standards and to achieve overall building objectives. Daily operational requirements/duties of the assigned department, including managing goals, decision-making and enforcement of company policies, rules and regulations.
- Manage the flow of product to ensure the timely and accurate processing of merchandise through the logistics centre
- Develop daily plans to ensure forecasts and productivity objectives are met.
- Provide leadership,
direction and on-going coaching to a group of 20 to 30 associates to ensure consistent achievement.
- Maintain communication programs including daily associate meetings, performance discussions and support of employee recognition programs.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Daily review and maintenance of required reports.
- Reinforce and demonstrate a positive health and safety attitude through support and enforcement of health and safety policies.
- Maintain the work area to a high standard of organization and cleanliness.
- Warehousing experience preferably in a “each-pick” and internet or catalog fulfillment environment
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred
- Minimum of 2-plus years of retail distribution experience (business or consumer)
- Minimum of 2-plus years staff supervisory experience
- Proven analytical, organizational, strategic, tactical and time management skills
- Takes the initiative where required and has a proactive approach to new challenges/opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others to achieve excellence.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Office.
- Familiar with the contents, requirements and administration of the Union Contract
- Strong sense of urgency and the capacity to accomplish results while under pressure.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong team player with proven interpersonal and supervisor skills
- Ability to multi-task both internal and external business expectations
- Solid understanding of material flow and logistics & warehousing best practices
Note: Holidays may be required.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference i [...]
Our Company Digital Shovel is a 3-year-old tech start-up, focused on manufacturing large-scale infrastructure components to support Blockchain centric data centers. Since our inception, we have striv [...]
Date Posted: 07/17/2021 Req ID: 5427 Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough Department: UTSC:Arts & Science Co-op Programs Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) [...]
Sells products to new customers thru face to face, digital or phone based actions in assigned segment or geography Identifies and Self sources new opportunities Serves as a trusted advisor, leve [...]