Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see,
we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
You as a Superintendent will:
- Be responsible for overseeing one or multiple scopes of work on a construction project. Performs all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company’s values and beliefs.
- Provide overall construction management including design, budget, and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects
- Manage work on site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings, specifications and safety regulations
- Ensure the implementation of EllisDon’s Safety Program to create and maintain a safe work environment on the job site and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
- Plan and implement schedules, determine manpower levels and material quantities, ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team’s ongoing progression
- Advise the Project Manager and senior management of potential problems, work interferences, and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Manage the work activities of direct reports and administrative documentation as required (safety, communication LEMs) in cooperation with appropriate departments
- Site Logistics (layout including trailers, access, & storage, erosion and sediment controls, waste management, etc.)
- Create Complete Daily Superintendent Reports and complete weekly Superintendents Safety Inspection report
- Participate in internal EllisDon Quality Assurance audits
- Participate in Mechanical & Electrical Coordination Meetings
- Conduct Last Planner Meetings and Foreman’s meetings
- Site office set up (temporary power, water, heating)
- Conduct Safety and environmental related meetings (i.e. Tool Box Talks, Joint Health & Safety Committee, Worker Trade Committee, etc.
- Supervise, direct, coach and train Assistant Superintendents, Coordinators, Field Engineers, Surveyors, Students, Hourly Foreman and Hourly staff assigned to project.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations (owner, clients, consultants, public)
- Is this the right role for you?
- You have 5-10 years of ICI construction experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience on Data Center projects
- Working experience with the construction of Pharmaceutical and Lab/Research facilities is an asset You have an advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and mechanical and electrical installations.
- You have the ability to quickly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes, produce workable solutions and lead a large team to successful completion
- You have strong scheduling experience with a proven ability to develop, maintain and execute both long term and short term schedules
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software
- Understanding of the Building Code and local by-laws
- Understanding Prime Contract Requirements
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 111749 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team Our team is responsible for the systems that enable financ [...]
Requisition ID: 111210 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Senior Manager, Credit - Global Risk Management - Latin America (Bil [...]
Address: 55 Bloor Street West Job Family Group: Customer Shared Services The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabil [...]
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients. At CIBC, we embrace your stre [...]