Compagnie de la Baie d'Hudson
What This Position is All About:
The Associate Buyer, Mens Sportswear will build a customer-centric assortment for an assigned merchandise area driving omni sales, profit and turnover objectives.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
You Also Have:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in merchandise buying or planning, supporting both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
- University or College degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred
- Excellent financial acumen including a thorough understanding of financial metrics (including sales, gross profit etc.) to identify key buying and sales trends
As The Associate Buyer, Mens Sportswear, You Will:
- Build assortments targeted to the Hudson's Bay customer while meeting our omni strategy to deliver differentiation and exclusivity in the market
- Develop and execute seasonal buying strategies in partnership with the Buyer and Planning team to achieve target budgets, margins and sell through
- Understand competitive landscape and market trends to identify business opportunities
- Lead vendor negotiations within assigned businesses meeting all financial expectations
- Present at monthly business reviews communicating financial results against P&L; expectations.
- Provide postseason learnings from Planning & Inventory analyses
- Complete accurate forecasts evaluating financial components based on current trend, knowledge of future events and trends which will impact the business
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise, initiate cancellations, or negotiate discounts on late deliveries
- Establish key partnerships with Merchandise Planning, Stores, Marketing, Ecommerce, In-Store Marketing and Vendors to influence and drive effective performance and omni growth
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Canada Art Sport and Music Association (CASMA) is a place where we strive to build athletes, artists and leaders of tomorrow. CASMA offers year-round programming for boys and girl [...]
GMs - Managers Kettleman’s Bagel Co.is a unique, quick-serve restaurant taking Bagels to the next level. Are you a Manager in the Hospitality industry that likes to have fun, work hard and be re [...]
ABOUT US CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian inves [...]
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world's top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses? What is Canonical? Canonical helps enterprises and governments lowe [...]