Description du poste :
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Boot Spring Full Stack Technical Lead in our Property and Casualty Insurance Sector in Toronto.
Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Property and Casualty Insurance Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
Fonctions et responsabilités :
• Set organizational standards on patterns and library usage.
• Lead digital delivery and engineers from best practice standpoint for scalable & accessible web applications and APIs with an emphasis on quality and automation.
• Support & share best practices with teams and internal developer community as well as collaboration and stakeholder management with the broader team
• Work in Agile team (Scrum, Kanban) - a passion for Agile methodology but the flexibility to think outside the scrum.
• Enjoy and never hesitate to find opportunities to learn constantly and inspire those around them.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code using TDD principles.
• Design, build and maintain automated test coverage portfolios.
• Build, leverage and maintain integration with various automated analysis tools to achieve responsive, high accessibility, performance and application security standards.
• Always a champion for fast and frequent continuous delivery from software engineering perspective.
• Help analyze business requirements and suggest potential alternatives to our business partners as required knowing that keeping things simple is paramount.
• Translate application storyboards, use cases and stories into functional applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Participate in all scrum meetings demos/showcases with a strong voice at the table
• Think on your feet, collaborate with your team and others, and you enjoy taking ownership for your work
• You have a passion for solving problems across all areas of the business
• Negotiating, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment (impact and influence)
• Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development
Qualités requises pour réussir dans ce rôle :
• Minimum 7 years of experience in building modern scalable web applications.
• Minimum 2 years as senior technical team member or technical lead with proven track records of mentoring or guiding team members in technical aspects for on-time delivery with quality.
• Experience with Spring Boot or any other Java frameworks
• Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Strong fundamentals in responsive design, CSS design and architecture. Experience with Bootstrap and Scss
• Good understanding of Relational SQL databases
• Strong understanding of best practices in performance tuning (Load time) and experience with using Chrome Dev Tools
• Experience with developing and designing backend services (Rest, Soap, etc.)
• Knowledge of modern software engineering practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous integration (Jenkins).
• Exposure to Git (Source Code Management)
• Bonus with experience on web accessibility standards and implementations
• Bonus with experience or strong knowledge on container technologies and best practices
• University Degree in Computer Science or IT equivalent
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Reporting to: Director, Consulting Services GTA
Ce que vous pouvez attendre de nous :
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description Canada Art Sport and Music Association (CASMA) is a place where we strive to build athletes, artists and leaders of tomorrow. CASMA offers year-round programming for boys and girl [...]
GMs - Managers Kettleman’s Bagel Co.is a unique, quick-serve restaurant taking Bagels to the next level. Are you a Manager in the Hospitality industry that likes to have fun, work hard and be re [...]
ABOUT US CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian inves [...]
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world's top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses? What is Canonical? Canonical helps enterprises and governments lowe [...]