Humber River Regional Hospital
Right now we’re looking for a Registered Nurse to work in our Surgical Outpatient Clinics, Surgical Program.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Surgical Clinics
Hours of Work: 0730-1530/0800-1600
Hiring Salary Range: $33.90 - $48.53
Location: Humber River Hospital - Wilson site, cross site coverage may be required.
Hours of work: 8 hour and 4 hour rotations.
- Scrubbing and circulating duties in minor surgical clinics.
- Care of patients post minor surgical procedures.
- Assisting physician with procedures in the Orthopedic fracture clinic.
- Participation in departmental teams/committees as required.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patients as required.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BLCS
- Minimum 2 years recent nursing experience including but not limited to:
- inpatient surgical clinic
- ambulatory clinic
- wound care management & complex dressings
- care of patients post minor surgical procedures
- Completion of the Health assessment course preferred
- Successful completion of a Wound Management certificate preferred
- Demonstrated skills and abilities including but not limited to:
- proficiency in initiating IV therapy, IV push medication and venipuncture
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors
- good patient assessment skills
- excellent patient/family teaching skill
- Excellent attendance and a discipline free record
Employee Group: ONA
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes.
After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
To express your interest in this exciting opportunity complete the online application in confidence at www.hrh.ca/jobs.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Strategic Communications Advisor (12 month temporary role) (210230) Why you’ll love working here: - You’re making an impact by helping to deliver on our Pension Promise - World class Defin [...]
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most [...]
For some, traveling and being away is fun; however, many travelers miss being home. Out Housekeeping team makes our hotels feel like home. As a Room Attendant, your contribution helps ensure guests ha [...]
Nando's Flamed Grill Chicken - Markham now hiring part/full time dish washing /kitchen helper . training provided. please walk in with your resume for an interview. we are located at 7677 Markham road [...]