Requisition ID: 105950
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning,
and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Purpose of Job: The Administrative Associate’s primary focus is to assist an Advisor in the day-to-day trading administration of their business.
1. Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
• Entering client trades as directed by client or Advisor.
• Remaining up-to-date with all regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts.
• Preparation of documents and information for client meetings and financial planning
• Managing and tracking of prospect clients and center of influences
• Preparation of tax packages and year end checklists
2. Ensure Effective Client Administration by:
• Resolving issues and executing client transactions promptly and accurately, escalating issues to Advisor when appropriate.
• Issuing instructions for client withdrawals, payments and contributions according to client or Advisor instructions.
• Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented. • Understanding the required documentation for all client account types.
3. Contribute to the Effective Functioning of the Branch Team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
• Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
• Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
Education and Other Requirements
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, takes initiative and effectively works independently and strong ability to maintain deadlines.
• Understands industry and firm’s compliance regulations & requirements.
• Ability to take direction well from Advisor(s) related to client trading activity.
• Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
• Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Investment Representative Training (IRT)
• Post-Secondary Education
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you an experienced Solution Architect in search of your next contract opportunity? Our high-profile client is seeking to hire a Solution Architect to join their talented team on a 6-month contract [...]
What You'll Do - Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with merchants in your geographic region - Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundatio [...]
Company description Lifetime is the leading provider of windows and doors in the Portland and Bend areas. From a humble operation founded by Oregon natives Carl and Eric, the company grew to be a loc [...]
Date Posted: July 23, 2021 Position Title: Employment Coach, Youth Employment Bootcamp Location: Robert Lee YMCA (955 Burrard Street, Vancouver) This position is currently working remotely [...]