Comco Pipe & Supply Company.
Reporting to the Warehouse Foreman, as the Material Handler you will be directly responsibility for the picking and packaging of warehouse orders based on sales orders, work orders, and customer requirements. The Material Handler must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations.
- Safely picks, packages, and tags products for orders, in a timely response
- Load, unload, and move products by hand or equipment to assist in order picking duties
- Record all product heat numbers and manufacturers
- Ensure warehouse is free of debris and hazards
- Communicate any product shorts or errors directly to the Warehouse Foreman
- Assist in resolving the problems when required
- May perform other activities such as assisting in inventory
- Participate in clean-up and pre-inspection of equipment
- Education: High School Diploma
- Work Experience: 0 –3 years related experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to carry and move product and/or supplies in excess of 50lbs
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity.
Our work environment is safety sensitive and we will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug evaluation.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company located in Edmonton
- 37.5-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Employer paid Group benefits (Health, Dental, & Vision) and insurance benefits
- Pension plan and employee share purchase plan
If interested in this position, please apply through the Indeed website with cover letter and resume. We thank all those that apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Comco Pipe & Supply Company, a division of Russel Metals Inc. has grown to be one of the largest industrial carbon steel pipe, fittings and flange companies in North America. We specialize in the supply and distribution of pipe and fluid handling products to the energy, construction, manufacturing, pulp and paper mining industries. Our mission is to safely provide outstanding quality and service as defined by our customers, by continually challenging ourselves to improve.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity, which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Reference ID: Warehouse Material Handler
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- forklift: 1 year (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Summary Under the responsibility of the Logistics Supervisor, the Material Handler I performs warehouse Our team is growing! Ryder is looking to hire a Material Handler for one of our Fly In Fl [...]
During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities th [...]
Overview: Corrpro North America is looking to hire a 3 Temporary Material Handler to join our team in Edmonton. Corrpro, an Aegion company, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cath [...]
Summary Under the responsibility of the Logistics Supervisor, the Material Handler I performs warehouse functions, which may include loading, picking, packing, shipping, receiving, forklift operat [...]