Tofino Consumers Co-operative Association.
As a Meat Clerk with the Tofino Co-op, you are responsible for meat counter presentation and product merchandising. You will ensure the meat preparation room is clean and sanitized daily. You will assist customers with product information, source, description and ingredients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude;
- Be dependable for all scheduled shifts;
- Provide outstanding courteous customer service;
- Be familiar with and adhere to all Tofino Co-op policies and procedures;
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery;
- Weigh, wrap, and display cuts of meat;
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature;
- Check meat and seafood products rotation paying attention to expired stock;
- Clean equipment and preparation areas to maintain health and sanitation standards;
- Follow food safe handling procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Food Safe Certification is required/provided;
- Food preparation experience;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Willingness to learn and participate in meat cutting.
Flexible, must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs.
- Work in cold environment refrigeration and freezer (warm clothing provided);
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift for up to 8 hours;
- Physically demanding; frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs;
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting;
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs;
- Working in cold rooms for extended periods of time.
What Tofino Co-op Offers:
- Full Benefits Plan including Health and Wellness Benefits, Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer Matched Pension Plan (7.5% Matched);
- Employee Family Assistance Program;
- Competitive wages paid bi-weekly;
- Tuition Assistance;
- Excellent Opportunities for further development and advancement.
Part-time hours: 24-32 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $16.75 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job CategoryCustomer Success Group Job Details Sales [...]
Well established local business seeks labourer. Part-time to start, but could turn into full-time depending on the candidate. Positions entail working with Hydro Vac / Cleaning Trucks, Video Inspectio [...]
IT Business Systems Technician Tofino, BC, Canada Req #35 June 14, 2021 IT Support Technician (Tofino, BC) Cermaq is a world leading salmon farming company. We have a team of more than 3500 e [...]
Middle Beach Lodge is currently looking for energetic, reliable housekeeping staff for the spring/summer season. The ideal candidates must have a great work ethic and a positive attitude. The physical [...]