Barrich Farms (2020) Ltd..
Barrich Farms (2020) Ltd. is a large grower of high quality seed and table potatoes, located in Outlook, Saskatchewan. We are currently accepting applications from individuals interested in working with us as a Farm Operations Technician.
Under the close direction of farm management, duties will include, but are not
- operating & maintaining large and modern agricultural equipment used in potato production (tractors, high-clearance sprayer, cultivators, hilling equipment, potato harvester, GPS tractor guidance systems, etc.).
- operating & maintaining center-pivot irrigation systems throughout the growing season, monitoring water usage, and coordinating water needs & availability as required.
- monitoring crop growth & development, scouting for pest/disease occurrence, and contributing to overall pest management program as required.
- monitoring potato storage buildings effectively and efficiently.
- assisting with the grading & shipping of seed potatoes.
- assisting with table potato washing, grading, & packing activities, and contributing to overall food safety program as required.
- Grade 12 high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience operating and maintaining farm equipment, with larger and more modern equipment experience preferred.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Valid class 5 (passenger vehicle) driver's license.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, with tight deadlines and varying weather conditions.
- A positive attitude and good work ethic, with appreciation for the fact that farming is an occupation that sometimes requires extensive hours of work, seven days a week.
Desirable Assets (not required, but helpful):
- Post-secondary education/training in agriculture.
- One (1) year, or more, of potato farm work experience.
- Ability to weld, fabricate, or perform light carpentry/plumbing work.
- Valid class 1A or 3A driver's license.
- Valid agricultural pesticide applicator certification.
Our farm offers starting wages commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$21.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Proven restaurant serving or servering experience - Hands-on experience in cashier duties - Attention to cleanliness and safety - Patience and customer-oriented approach - Excellent people s [...]
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart col [...]
Company description Moo Moo BBQ Grilled Cheesery is a locally owned gourmet grilled cheese and BBQ food establishment with locations in Charlottetown and Cavendish. We pride ourselves on our almost e [...]
Code de demande: 298831 La Source est le plus grand détaillant de produits technologiques au Canada, et chaque jour, nous sommes enthousiastes à l'idée de faire découvrir à nos concitoyens canad [...]