City of Windsor.
JOB POSTING #: 2021-0148
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, May 25 2021 at 8:30am to Monday, June 07,2021 at 4:30pm
DEPARTMENT: Legal & Real Estate Department
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $54,784.61 - $66,591.18 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Deputy City Solicitor, Legal Services, Real Estate and Risk Management, this position will provide legal support with a focus on real estate and corporate/commercial transactions.
- Real Estate skills required include the ability to manage all aspects of a real estate transaction; thorough knowledge of Teraview document preparation; registration and title searching; the ability to read and report title searches; review and preparation of requisitions and closing documents; preparation of agreements and leases; and related correspondence.
- Corporate/Commercial skills required include preparation of agreements and contracts; corporate searches; and related correspondence.
- Other skills required include file management and organization; and related legal assistant duties.
- The successful candidate will display adaptability, ability to work independently, attention to detail, superior follow-up and organizational skills and a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
- Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a post secondary school community College Law Clerk or Legal Assistant diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years experience gained in a legal office performing hands-on transactional real estate work.
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years experience gained in a legal office performing hands-on transactional real estate work.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Teraview and experience using Teraview on a regular basis in the past six months.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful driver’s license is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have extensive working knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Must have proven ability to manage all aspects of a real estate transaction.
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with work.
- Prior municipal experience an asset.
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Located in the Eastlake Industrial area of the S.E., Windsor Pizza Co. is now hiring full & part time hand-tossed pizza makers for our fast paced pizzeria. Applicants should be energetic, fast learni [...]
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE WINDSOR, ONTARIO Can you pleasantly answer a five-line phone system, tie your shoelaces and finish your morning coffee…. all at the same time? Ok, maybe not tie both [...]
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three [...]
Nous avons un nouveau SALAIRE D'ENTRÉE DE 17$. Si vous avez de l'expérience dans le domaine alimentaire vous pouvez gagner jusqu'à 20$. Vous aimeriez faire partie d’une entreprise essentielle et [...]