This is part time 7.5 hours a week and possibly more hours
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Cook is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu document as provided.
- Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises team leader of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- In the absence of the team leader, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new team members.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
- One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check.
Bonus Points for having:
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- scratch cooking: 4 years (preferred)
- Culinary: 4 years (preferred)
- cooking: 4 years (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Driven by quality of science and quality of service, Labstat International Inc. is recognized around the world as “A Centre of Analytical Excellence”. Labstat is independent of any affiliation or [...]
Overview Enterprise Holdings is seeking a responsible, dedicated person to join our team as a part time Automotive Detailer. This position pays $14.25/hour and is located at 70 ALPINE COURT, KITCHE [...]
Job ID: 193862 Store Name/Number: ON-Kitchener (0554) Address: 2960 Kingsway Drive, Kitchener, ON N2C 1X1, Canada (CA) Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Position Type: Regular The Makeup Consu [...]
Requisition ID: 107776 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job The Assistant, Investment Specialist will be responsi [...]