ATL Senior Living.
1.0 POSITION OVERVIEW
The executive chef is responsible for all of the food coming out of the kitchen. Monitoring the quality of the food, following all food safety regulations, creating new food entrees, and coordinating the entire kitchen. The Executive Chef is also responsible for hiring and training new and existing kitchen staff.
2.0 PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Planning, organizing, directing, and supervising the activities of the Kitchen Department to provide fresh, tasty food, colorful presentations, attentive and a warm service with a smile.
· Establishing and monitoring workflow, evaluating performance and production, and making changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
· Assisting the kitchen team members hands on when and where necessary. It is expected that the Executive Chef is daily 50% hands-on in the operation.
· Selecting, supervising, mentoring, and monitoring kitchen team members and evaluating performance to assure a high level of productivity and the best use of team member capabilities, as well as to ensure that the food service objectives are achieved.
· Preparing and maintaining all required records such as invoices, reports, statistics, etc. in accordance with policies, procedures, and legislative requirements.
· Creating new entrees for the menu and ensuring all food safety regulations are followed.
· Inspecting the quality of the food.
· Daily walkthroughs of the dining room, connecting with residents.
· Be aware of new culinary trends and recipes.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· Must hold a diploma in Food and Beverage Management/Hospitality Management from a recognized college or Red Seal designation.
· Must have good scratch cooking skills, creative with modern presentations.
· Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve Certificate.
· A minimum of 5 years' management experience in Hospitality or Retirement industry preferred.
· Human resource skills required to handle a variety of interactions with residents, families, and team members.
· Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources.
· Basic knowledge in general beverage service i.e. wines.
· All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check and pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check.
· There will be a senior living seminar conducted at the beginning of the term of employment. This seminar is mandatory as all members of ATL must attend.
· There will be an Orientation conducted to familiarize with ATL operations and fellow staff.
(1) The Executive Chef is a permanent full-time position who works at Camellia Residences in Surrey.
(2) Based on the background and experience, the salary for the position is between $60,000 and $70,000 annually with bonus plan.
5.0 HOW TO APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ATL Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Extended health care
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Protec Dental Laboratories Ltd. is a growing full-service dental laboratory located in Olympic Village area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in the Shipping & Receiving Department [...]
Affiliation: MoveUP Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary Salary Min: $2,130.00 Temp Duration: Ending October 28, 2022 We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future [...]
Specific Skills Identify and assess potential institutional, business and individual client markets Sell automobile, fire, health, life, property, marine, aircraft and other types of insurance [...]
Job Description : LIFE ENRICHMENT COORDINATOR Amica White Rock A day in the life of a Life Enrichment Coordinator As the Life Enrichment Coordinator, you are responsible for all programm [...]