Rowe Farms is a retail and wholesale provider of local, antibiotic and hormone-free meats that are raised with the highest level of animal welfare standards while supporting a path to regenerative farming. In addition to a broad offering of meats, each of our retail stores offers local delivery and carries unique products and food items specific to each store’s local marketplace. The wholesale division of Rowe Farms sells various fresh meat and deli products to like-minded retail companies.
Our NEW Danforth location is opening very soon and we are on the lookout for friendly and outgoing people with interest in sustainable farming practices and passion for food and people!
We are protecting our workers through very strict sanitation and hygiene practices, physical distancing requirements, plexiglass barriers, limits on customer numbers allowed in our stores, daily health-assessment logs, mask/face covering requirements, and by following recommendations from Public Health at all levels of government, as well as the industry guidelines introduced by the Ontario Government.
Meat Cutter Responsibilities:
- Work safely and in compliance with our policies and processes.
- Answering customer questions, making recommendations, and generally providing strong customer service is a very high priority for this position.
- Ensuring the meat cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality meat and poultry products for our customers.
- Receiving stock.
- Cut, grind, wrap, weigh, price, and attractively merchandise meat products.
- Ensuring proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Work in compliance with all food handling and health & safety policies and laws, and operate equipment such as meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines, and knives.
- Work positively and productively with the rest of the Rowe Farms team.
- Follow direction from managers.
- Other possible duties and responsibilities as they arise.
- High school education or equivalent; butcher apprentice or diploma in culinary arts is preferred.
- Retail meat cutting experience is required. We prefer at least 2-5 years of experience in the retail meat cutting/processing environment.
- 2 years of food and beverage experience is a strong asset.
- Strong customer service experience, a positive attitude and relationship building skills are required.
- Ability to safely handle meat cutting tools, including knives, saws, power tools, grinders, and slicers, etc.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, busy retail store.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus while working under pressure.
- Ability to handle standing, bending, lifting, reaching frequently.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in a cold environment.
- Knowledge of and training in workplace health and safety is an asset.
- Valid Food Handler’s and First Aid Certifications are an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have flexible availability.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusivity and are committed to creating a safe and respectful work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We thank the staffing/recruitment industry for their interest but request no calls or emails.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks.
About Rowe Farms:
With seven retail stores across Toronto, Guelph and Stoney Creek and a wholesale business, Rowe Farms is a provider of locally grown, antibiotic and hormone-free meats that are raised with the highest level of animal welfare standards. In addition to a broad offering of meats, each of our stores offers delivery, and carries some unique products and food items specific to each store’s local marketplace.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Join our Team! This is a great opportunity to work Reception at a premier Spa with a great team. We are currently seeking a Spa Coordinator for our busy Yorkville Spa. Approximately 20-30 hours per [...]
Daycamp leader wanted. Leading children age 6 to 9 in pokemon related activities including drawing their favorite pokemon and creating new pokemon. This is an art and technology camp. Students will al [...]
Queen Margherita Pizza - Annette St. is looking for an experienced full time line cook. What can you expect from us: As a full-time line cook at QMP you can expect a great work environment, flexibl [...]
Markham McNicoll Urgent Care Centre (MMUCC) medcentrehealth.com Medical Clinic Lab Technician (Phlebotomist) / Medical Assistant Needed Opportunity: - Markham McNicoll Urgent Care Centre (MMUCC [...]