The House of Cannabis.
Budtender | Full Time & Part Time
Hello friends of Toronto! The House of Cannabis is a newly licensed cannabis retail business based out of Toronto, with 6 locations opening across Ontario in 2021. As a key player of our growing team, you will contribute mightily to achieving our company’s vision: to lead the charge in removing the negative stigma in cannabis.
We are looking for motivated and experienced Budtenders to join our team at our flagship store on Spadina Avenue as well as future stores in the near future. As a budtender, you will be a brand ambassador for The House of Cannabis and the first point of contact with our customers.
You will be responsible for guiding our customers through our product offerings,
educating them on different product classes and responsible use practices, and helping them make informed purchasing decisions.
Top budtender candidates for this position are those who are passionate and personable, eager to learn and stay abreast of your store’s offerings and have a knack for cultivating a sale.
If you are up for an exciting challenge and enjoy forming, leading and motivating a retail team, then this is the job for you!
- Deliver stellar service to our customers, including educating them on our products and best consumption practices
- Becoming an expert on our brand, our product offering, and our company mission to add major value to our customers
- Assist in creating and executing initiatives to drive customer acquisition, loyalty and community support with the assistance of the executive team
- Assist in creating and implementing store initiatives and team member education and training of new product and accessories
- Ensure POS transaction and end of day cash reconciliation is accurate and follow-up on any discrepancies
- Handling of cannabis delivery and cash in a manner that follows corporate, provincial and federal policies
- Helping to enforce store policies, brand guidelines/campaigns, procedures and operational guidelines
- Participate in company and brand initiatives, including paid community service program, product reviews and other unique programs
- All other duties as assigned by the store manager and/or executive team
- Strong familiarity with cannabis and the cannabis industry, particularly in understanding product categories and the experiences consumers can expect
- Demonstrated history of being a brand ambassador and positively impacting a team
- Strong retail and sales experience - you can sell anything to anyone!
- You love learning and teaching people about cannabis consumption.
- You want to step up to the challenge of becoming a leading front-line voice for our company at a critical stage of our growth.
- Superb communication skills - you will make our customers feel comforted and well taken care of!
- Desire to understand various aspects of cannabis and to provide positive, educational and safe use information to customers and team members
- Comfortable at reviewing reports and analysis and finding ways to improve/optimize to achieve individual and store-level KPIs and targets
- Willingness to learn & grow in all ways
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in retail required
- 1+ years of cannabis retail (or other cannabis-related jobs) preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (within Ontario between stores)
- Availability to work on weekends, some holidays and evenings
- CanSell Certification is required before starting your first shift
- The successful candidate will be subject to a background prior to joining, at the expense of The House of Cannabis.
Why Join Us?
- Join a young, hungry team set to embark on a journey to deliver high quality, legally sourced cannabis products to customers across Canada
- The ability to help build, scale, and lead a new team and grow the brand to become an influential member of the community and cannabis community
- Learn everything about cannabis - one of the most exciting and fast-moving industries
- Because we want you to GROW with us - and we will do everything we can to give you the platform to achieve and exceed your professional development goals.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining The House of Cannabis Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion MATTERS to Us!
The House of Cannabis is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse community and workforce. The House of Cannabis offers accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process upon request. If you require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise Human Resources, who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Retail sales: 2 years (preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description Job Duties The Canada Summer Job Student Child & Youth Worker will assist with the following duties: 1. Assist Management, Staff, and Direct Supervisor with all tasks, assignments, [...]
$14.25 an hour Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Duties will include serving customers, bagging groceries, selling lottery, processing refunds and exchanges. [...]
Popular neighbourhood Italian restaurant looking for highly motivated individuals to join our kitchen staff team for patio season and beyond! Ideal candidates are outgoing, work well with others, poss [...]
We are looking for a talented individual with some restaurant experience to join our team as a junior server/support staff member. The hours are long and the work is challenging and rewarding. We are [...]