Town of Wainwright.
POSITION TITLE: CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
REPORTS TO: TOWN COUNCIL
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for all municipal operations
of the Town in accordance with the objectives, policies and plans approved by
Town Council and the powers and functions assigned by the Municipal
Government Act. He/she directs the overall planning, coordinating and
implementing of Department activities within the corporate structure and monitors
the progress of policies, programs and projects. Evaluates and recommends goals
and objectives, policies, programs, projects and changes as are required from time
OUTLINE OF DUTIES:
1. Directs the development of budgets and establishment of financial controls.
Works with the Director of Finance in coordinating budget information and
assists Department heads in preparing their budget estimates if required.
2. Ensures that expenditures are within the Council approved budget and that
tax levies are collected.
3. Participates in hiring employees, appointments, promotions, demotions or
dismissal of employees within established personnel policies, Collective
Agreements or budget guidelines.
4. Coordinates the prompt and proper handling of all requests, enquiries or
complaints by the public.
5. Directs the execution of all documents, agreements or contracts approved
by Town Council.
6. Attends all regular and special meetings of Town Council and other
meetings as requested by Council. Participates in all meetings of the
7. Prepares Council meeting agenda packages. Attends and records
proceedings of Council meetings and communicates resolutions,
instructions and decisions to the appropriate parties. Delegates as and
8. Ensures the satisfactory preparation of all bylaws and ensures that copies
of all official correspondence, records, bylaws, etc. are retained at the Town
9. Drafts correspondence resulting from decisions of Council and monitors
accurate handling of all official municipal correspondence.
10. Coordinates the provision of special services (e.g. legal, audit, engineering,
consultations) to the Town.
11. Prepares applications for municipal debentures and grants as required.
12. Performs other related duties as may be requested by Council.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
This position would normally require the completion of the four (4) year University
degree in Public Administration or Business Administration and a Certificate in
Local Government. Several years of senior administration experience in a
municipal setting would also be a normal requirement.
COMPREHENSION AND JUDGEMENT:
The position requires extensive interaction with senior management staff, Mayor
and Council and with levels of the Provincial and Federal Governments for the
purpose of giving and receiving information on various municipal, provincial and
federal matters. As well, this position requires the ability to relate effectively with
the public and news media.
Complex problems are encountered from time to time, under which interpretation
and discretion are required. A high degree of independent action is required and
incorrect decisions or recommendations may cause financial loss and/or
embarrassment for the Town.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Cornerstone Co-op invites applications for the position of Customer Service Supervisor to join our Grocery team on a full-time basis at our location in St. Paul, AB. Reporting to the Assistant Food St [...]
Your Opportunity: Imagine a supportive employer, fantastic work-life balance, and the opportunity to make a difference in your community. As a Food Service Worker I you will have all that and more, [...]
Rexall 7516 - 118-10th St. Wainwright, AB It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes t [...]
Your Opportunity: Wainwright is a vibrant and friendly community of around 7,000 located in east central Alberta on highway 14 and 41. Wainwright is a major service centre for the agriculture and oil [...]