Nova Scotia Health Authority.
Req ID: 107700
Location: Provincial Zone, Flexible within the zone
Department: MHA NS Bed Management Coordination
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly PT (50% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Union Status: Management/Non Union MGMT/NON-Union
Posting Closing Date: 3-Jun-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Bed Management/Utilization Coordinator is responsible for facilitating patient placement to appropriate services by identifying and overcoming delays in admission, transfer and discharge. This position involves liaising with Emergency Departments, Booking Officers, Health Service Managers, Staff Physicians, Discharge Planning Co-coordinators and other Health Care Agencies within and external to NSHA and possibly in other provinces. This involves providing timely, accurate and relevant information and recommendations to facilitate evidence based decision making by staff and management, as well as being responsible for implementing utilization management activities that strives to achieve a balance between demand for services, availability of resources and patient’s well-being. This position reports to a Director within Mental Health & Addictions.
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or equivalent required
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with NSCN
- One year of Mental Health & Addictions experience required
- Five years recent acute care clinical experience required
- Demonstrated organizational skills in leadership, communication, decision-making, problem-solving and motivation
- Critical thinking and analytical analysis
- High level of independent judgment and initiative
- Previous experience working with data and conducting data analysis, an asset
- Clinical experience with utilization and patient flow management practices, methodologies or equivalent knowledge, experience and education is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Best Practice Utilization Management and Clinical Flow practices
- Demonstrated knowledge in current trends in health care practice
- Demonstrated effective decision making competency related to patient care management both with respect to engagement of clinical teams and physician leaders as well as administrative clinical leadership
- Knowledge of and experience with change management principles and methodologies
- Flexibility and ability to work independently as well as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of Administrative Policy/Procedures
- Must possess the ability to take a leadership role and make independent decisions in any situation, assuring legal and ethical issues are considered and demonstrating diplomacy, tact, creativity and good judgment in interpersonal relationships in a demanding fast paced environment
- Computer proficiency
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, Part Time (50%) Position; 75 hours bi-weekly
**Location is flexible throughout the province**
34.0693 - $45.2679 Hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit - MGMT/NON-Union position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Role: Business Communications Instructor, Evening Program Reports to: Director of Training Location: Vancouver, BC (on campus) Description: Greystone College Vancouver is seeking part-time and co [...]
Click here to apply as an internal applicant. Req ID: 113648 Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital Company: NSHA Department: OPEZ CRIT Intensive Care CBR Type of Employmen [...]
Role: IBM Instructor, Daytime Program Reports to: Assistant Director of Training Location: Vancouver, BC (on campus) Description: Greystone College Vancouver is seeking part-time and con [...]
Click here to apply as an internal applicant. Req ID: 114292 Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital Company: NSHA Department: DI MRI CBR Type of Employment: Permanent Hour [...]