Boys and Girls Club of Yukon.
Early Childhood Educator (Preschool)
Boys and Girls Club of Yukon
Compensation: $16.97 to $29.31 Hourly
Additional Health and Dental benefits, paid sick days, additional training opportunities.
Education And Child Care
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Start Date: January 30th, 2019
Starting Wage: $16.97-$29.31/hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
This Position reports directly to the Early Years Program Director. The incumbent may be responsible for relating program volunteers.
The Early Childhood Educator will provide quality caring and supportive child care programming to members of the Learning Tree Community that addresses their unique child care needs, meets all regulatory standards required by federal, territorial and municipal governments, and operates within the Child Care Practitioner Occupational Standards and Code of Ethics as defined by the Canadian Child Care Federation.
- Ensures that BGCY program standards, guidelines and policies are followed, and that programs align to BGCY’s Mission, Vision, Values and strategic direction;
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of program development and delivery, as per BGCY policy and procedure;
- Attends scheduled staff meetings and training sessions;
- Keeps informed and has a general awareness of all BGCY programs and services, including usage of communication tools such as email and intranet/webpage, etc.
Program Development and Reporting
- Provide individualized curriculum for participants;
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with the program mandate/ priorities;
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages positive self-concept through reasonable behaviour expectations and positive strategies which immediately address behaviours, as per organization policy;
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe by using preventative strategies and proper procedures to reduce and address all accidents, injuries and illness to clients and staff;
- Ensure and engage in regular positive communication with parents
- Contribute to the ongoing operations of the centre by assisting with licensing processes, food preparation, site cleaning, performance reviews, strategic planning, client plans, and other organizational tasks;
- Assist in promoting the daycare within the community;
- Act as a liaison with various community partners in an effort to engage participants from all social and economic backgrounds;
- Keeps informed and up to date with names of key community volunteers and, in consultation with the Early Years Program Director, works to further the interests of the Boys and Girls Club movement through active participation in community activities;
- Assist in office reception, including greeting, answering telephones and providing general information.
- The childcare facility is licensed for 44 children;
- Indoor and outdoor activities;
- Standing, bending, crouching, some lifting;
- Expectation to work in extreme summer and winter conditions.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Current Yukon Certification to Practice (Level 1-3)
- Documentation in accordance with Child Care Services Unit (CCSU) licensing requirements
- An Understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
This competition is anticipatory and will be used to fill vacancies (permanent full time, part time or term) in any of our Long Term Care (Copper Ridge Place, Thomson Centre and Whistle Bend Place) C [...]
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience: Bachelor of Education or equivalent with spec [...]
This is for a full-time term position until June 3, 2022. This is an anticipatory permanent position. Temporary Assignments will equally be considered, with your supervisor’s prior approval. At Yu [...]
This competition is anticipatory and will be used to fill vacancies (permanent full time, part time or term) in any of our Long Term Care (Copper Ridge Place, Thomson Centre and Whistle Bend Place) [...]