Staffing Coordinator – Casual
Located at Harbourstone Enhanced Care in Sydney, NS and under the direct supervision of the Workforce Supervisor or designate, the Staffing Coordinator allocates staffing resources per regional and/or facility requirements. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include maintaining proper staffing/scheduling levels, as per Shannex operational guidelines and policies for Shannex facilities in Sydney (Harbourstone & Celtic Court) as well as administrative duties as assigned. Staffing
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Books off Employees in accordance with the defined regional/facility rules and Shannex policy
- Follows established guidelines to fill vacant shifts resulting from immediate book offs, unfilled positions due to vacations/holidays and leaves of absences, per established guidelines and Shannex policy.
- Receives and processes requests for unplanned leaves and requests for additional staffing, etc.
- Continually works to keep staffing in the future at levels that meet operational requirements and established guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records of all employee hours worked (including agency staff, if applicable)
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies
- Demonstrates flexibility in a changing environment
- Has ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Other related duties as operational required
- Must be willing to work shifts between 0530 to 1930, weekdays, weekends and holidays. On-call shifts may be required.
- Promotes a safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal
Requirements For the role include:
- Secondary education or diploma in a related field
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Previous experience with a computerized staffing system considered an asset
The following would be considered role preferences:
- Previous experience working in unionized environments an asset
- Previous experience in working in a long-term care an asset
- First Aid and CPR certification.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by May 30,2021.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Reference ID: 59343
Expected start date: 2021-06-07
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Reporting to: Guest Services Manager (GSM) Hampton Inn Sydney Hotel part of DP Murphy Inc is looking for a part time/full time Guest Services Agent to join our award winning team. If you would enjoy [...]
Ingénieur en métallurgie - Opportunité d’évoluer au sein d’une organisation mondiale - Milieu de travail innovateur offrant de nombreux défis professionnels - Poste basé au Saguenay-L [...]
Superviseur(e) - contrôle qualité - Faites partie d’un groupe axé sur la sécurité qui valorise l’inclusion - Joignez-vous à une entreprise mondiale de premier plan - Poste basé à S [...]
Click here to apply as an internal applicant. Req ID: 114392 Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital Company: NSHA Department: MHA EZ I/P Recreation Therapy Type of Employme [...]