CANTEX MINING SERVICES.
Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Technician
Local Positions only: Kamloops, Logan Lake, Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Merritt
Tasks: Nuclear Densometer Compaction Testing, Lab Sieve Testing, and Data Entry for earthworks / mining
Shift: 7 days, 7 off, 7 nights, 7 off, repeat
Hours: 12 Hour days
Overtime: 1.5 OT over a 10 hour day or 1.5 OT over 40 hours/weekly pay period
Nighshift Premium: $18 / night
- 51km - 75km = $15 / work day
- 76 km - 100 km = $24 / work day
- 101 km - 125 km = $35 / work day
Benefits: Great Benefit package included through Local 115.
Start Date: May 25, 2021
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager,
the Quality Control Technician is responsible for the routine collection and testing of materials, as well as compliance of the Quality control program. This position is located at Teck- Highland Valley Copper L/L Dam between Ashcroft and Logan Lake, BC.
- Observe all safety practices and standards.
- Ensure compliance of quality control program.
- Conduct collection and testing of materials.
- Maintain high standard with collection and documentation of field data with accuracy.
- Identifies non-conforming results and communicate to the construction team in a timely manner.
- Verifies and record correction for non-conformance in the field.
- Entering field data in quality control database.
- Ensure housekeeping in and around the laboratory.
- Inspect, calibrate, and maintain testing equipment periodically.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Minimum High school diploma is required but degree or diploma (or equivalent) in related field is preferred.
- Previous quality control experience with soil testing is a strong asset.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and access) is required.
- Experience using portable nuclear gauge is preferred.
- Quality Control Technician Certification would be an asset.
- Additional certifications, such as Portable Moisture/Density Gauge or OFA would be an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is must.
- Must successfully pass Pre-employment, pre-placement, drug and alcohol test.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess a safety-oriented mindset.
- Physically capable to lift up to 20kg.
- Physically capable to spend most of the day walking/standing.
- Familiar with variety of soil testing lab and field equipment.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and solve problems.
- Ability to perform calculations at site to identify non-conforming results.
- Strong Literacy skills including the ability to read and understand manuals, procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain effective time management.
- Ability to act with integrity, and good judgment.
This is not a camp provided site. Employees are required to be from the local area, or find their own accommodations, as this is a local hire project.
All successful candidates must provide the following prior to confirmation of start date:
- Void cheque/direct deposit form
- Copy of Driver’s Abstract
- Copy of Driver’s License
Expected start date: 2021-05-25
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.00-$32.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
Mandatory KN95 or N95 masks, social distancing, sterilization of equipment and keeping up to date with Government Guidelines and Legislation.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC (preferred)
- Nuclear Densometer: 1 year (preferred)
- Lab Technician (Sieve Tests): 1 year (preferred)
- Data Entry: 1 year (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Kamloops location. The successful applicant for this position is responsible for assisting with coordinating and directing the worklo [...]
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validat [...]
Sacred Heart Catholic Community is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. Sacred Hea [...]
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Casual Conventional Transit Drivers (Operators). Previous Transit experience not required, we will provide [...]