LifeWorks (Morneau Shepell)
Client Care Counsellor
LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell
Permanent, Full Time
LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide,
LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
LifeWorks employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
As a Client Care Counselor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
- Providing telephone based clinical assessments & referrals, or assessments & short-term problem solving, to EAP users across the country;
- Providing troubled employee consultations & critical incident stress management for client organizations;
- Conducting Problem Gambling assessments & referrals on several state-specific Problem Gambling Help Lines;
- Participating in clinical staffing & in-house trainings;
- Strong emphasis on customer service in dealing with employees of client organizations, Human Resources/Managers of client organizations, contracted affiliate counselors, gamblers and concerned others, insurance companies and more;
- Tracking cases to ensure connection with the appropriate referral;
- Assisting contracted Affiliate counselors with inquiries regarding referrals;
- Troubleshooting on various issues including technical/website questions from affiliate counselors
- You will work in a fast-paced, learning environment and get the support you need to take care of clients and succeed. Though not guaranteed, you will likely make some great friends along the way as well.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counselor will require the following core qualifications and skills
- A Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or another clinical counseling field
- Be a member of a Canadian Professional Association such as CCPA (https://www.ccpa-accp.ca), or a member of a Professional Order
- Ability to multi-task and provide clinical behavioral health services
- Excellent risk assessment skills, and an ability to adapt quickly to a client's changing needs
- Strong clinical judgment and an understanding of your responsibilities with confidentiality
- Experience working with substance-related & addictive disorders is an asset
- Strong organization skills, ability to follow-up on cases to ensure connection to referrals
Characteristics of a Client Care Counselor
We believe in hiring character and training skill – that is why quick learners do well here. Successful candidates are:
- Passionate about helping others;
- Great on the phone and dedicated to providing a meaningful counseling experience;
- Empathic and excellent at listening actively;
- Go-getters, results-oriented and good-natured;
- Happy to work for a successful company that promotes from within;
- Glad that our office is located in the heart of the city and easy to access by public transportation;
- Knowledge of File Maker and ability to learn a proprietary case management system.
By working at our Care Access Center, you will have the opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills as well as address constructive, interesting and rewarding challenges. The diversity of the clients and the problems encountered will allow you to develop your skills rapidly as a clinical practitioner. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your clinical knowledge with large and diverse multidisciplinary team of clinicians from various fields! Different avenues, depending on opportunities, are also possible in terms of advancement for those demonstrating excellence in their work, as Morneau Shepell continues to grow and offer different modalities to support our clients (tele-counselling, face-to-face, chat counselling, etc.).
The benefits of working here
These are just some of the great reasons to join our team:
- A permanent position with a competitive benefits package;
- A robust training program to prepare you for your role;
- Growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within;
- To work for a company that values employee engagement, innovation and client service excellence.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Master's Degree (required)
- Professional Association Registration (required)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 2021 Classification: Research Assistant III Job Title: Research Assistant Department: Department of Biology Wage or Salary: $15.6 [...]
The Excavation Team at Alternative Landscaping Ltd. works on a wide range of projects, including sewer and water installation, total lot clearing, demolition, site preparation excavation and backfilli [...]
QUALIFICATIONS - Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing preferred, health related area or business, or suitable combination of relevant education and experience related to the p [...]
QUALIFICATIONS - Grade 12 education (MB Standards) or equivalent - Completion of a recognized Medical Terminology course or program - Recent experience in a patient reception/care area, spe [...]