Island Houseboats is looking for an enthusiastic operations manager to ensure delivery of exceptional guest experiences for our rental customers at our Cowichan Lake Marina.
We believe in helping connect people to the wonder of our beautiful lake by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular lake setting! We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and enjoys working in a fast-paced, fun, outdoor setting.
The operations manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the houseboat rental season, including exceptional guest services, moving, and fuelling houseboats, operation of the septic pump, changing propane cylinders, cleaning and maintenance of hot tubs, change oil, filters and belts,
operate a pressure washer, painting, cleaning duties of windows and decks, clean and maintain bbqs. This position also supports the day-to-day operations of meeting guests before and after their getaway.
What we have to offer:
- Pay scale (low, med, high season) * Seasonal Position (April 15th to Sept 30, 2021)
- Season Completion Bonus program
- Season Completion Houseboat trip for you and your family.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Our annual season completion party
Seasonal position, Full-time, Permanent Salary: $15.50-$21.00 per hour
Schedule: * Holidays * Monday to Friday * Weekends, on-call Experience:
APPLY WITH YOUR RESUME BEFORE MARCH 31st.
Resumes with only be accepted by email only and candidate(s) will be contacted, please don't come to the marina with your resume.
This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as familiarity with handling customer requests and resolving concerns with attention to detail. The right candidate will model our “Yes I Can” customer service and
Core Values, be pro-active and self-motivated.
Our ideal candidate will have a
- Must be 23 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license (Required)
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (Required)
- Must have transportation to and from work
- Must be able to lift 80lbs (Required)
- Mechanically inclined 1 year (Required)
- Knowledge of boats and boating will be considered assets.
- Fundamentals of mechanical and electrical systems
- Post-secondary education focusing on business management or hospitality and tourism with 1-2 year's previous experience working in a marina, resort or hotel.
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- Bonus pay
COVID-19 AND THE IMPACT ON OPERATIONS
Our summer season for 2020 doesn't start until Mid-May, hopefully by then we will have a better understanding of how this summer will look.
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Tax Auditor Financial Officer (Tax Audit) R24 There are currently 2 permanent vacancies; only one vacancy per location. These positions may be performed from either Terrace, Williams Lake or Smit [...]
The Liquor Division of the Wayne Proctor Group is a fast growing company with a great team! This Island owned and operated franchise is dedicated to promoting values such as communication, teamwork, r [...]
THE OPPORTUNITY Western Forest Products is seeking Saw Filers to join our team. We currently have the following openings: - Circular Saw Filer at Cowichan Bay, BC and; - Benchman Saw Filer at Sa [...]