Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
What youth participants are eligible?
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Employment Status: Temporary, Part Time (0.9 FTE)
Program Name: Canada Summer Jobs
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 70
Anticipated End Date: 08/06/2021
On Call: No
The Administrative Assistant I is responsible for administrative support functions to assist VON in providing quality service to the public. The position acts as a resource for the site management team and other team members in the office by collecting and responding to incoming correspondence, creating and formatting documents, and other related job functions.
- Responds to any general inquiries including answering telephone calls and ensuring staff, volunteers, clients and visitors are greeted and directed to the appropriate resource in a friendly courteous manner.
- Responds to messages from the answering service as required.
- Greets and directs all in-office visitors and in-coming calls.
- Ensures incoming and outgoing correspondence is distributed accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the mail pick-up and drop off.
- Answers general inquiries regarding the VON organization with informed and satisfactory responses.
- Distributes departmental mail, including mail outs, postal meter, and internal departmental mail.
- Schedules and organizes meetings and appointments as requested.
- Prepares all general correspondences, memos, forms, minutes, brochures, invitations, staff lists, reports and other documents as directed.
- Assists in the production of newsletters (including collection of material, typing/formatting and photocopying/printing) and in standardizing processes and forms.
- Manages filing systems for all client, personnel and general files, ensuring accuracy, security and confidentiality.
- Updates policies/procedures and manuals as required.
- Inputs relevant information and produce reports, statistics and data as directed for the efficient operation of the function.
- Orders supplies, receives and maintains an inventory of required supplies.
- Collaborates with teams for to organize logistics for special projects, events and seminars.
- Receives and receipts donation, and bill payments.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Communicates regularly and follow up with employees, managers and corporate services staff.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in office administration, office information technology or a related field or related relevant experience
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs
- Experience with scheduling software and Cognos is considered an asset
- Experience with a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Criminal records and vulnerable sector check
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kitchen Helpers Skills - Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit - Sharpen kitchen knives - Remove kitchen garbage and trash - Handle and store cleaning products - Clean and sanitize kitche [...]
Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills - Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs - Stock refrigerators and salad bars - Portion and wrap foods - Pac [...]
Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices· Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking· Season and cook food according to recipes or p [...]
Job ID: 194026 Store Name/Number: ON-Bramalea City Centre (0860) Address: 25 Peel Centre Drive, Space #640, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5, Canada (CA) Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Position Type: Regu [...]