Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 251921
Position Number: 20083025
Posting End Date: May 26, 2021
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Winnipeg Community
Department / Unit: Home Care Nursing Services St Vital
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.669, $36.914, $38.163, $39.464, $40.736, $42.056
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Team Manager and while demonstrating a commitment to the mission, vision and values of the WRHA, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to clients in the community, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team and facilitating coordination of client care and discharge. These services may be provided in the home, school, place of business settings or at a home care nursing clinic.
- 2 years related recent experience preferred
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required
- CNA Community Health Nurses Certification or relevant applicable certification preferred
- Additional wound care and chronic disease management education preferred
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position will be in accordance with the WRHA policy
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License required
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses
- Community Health Nurse Standards of Practice & Home Health Competencies
- Scope of practice document as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Nursing care knowledge related to community nursing
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions and values
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual or group(s)
- Ability to delegate & assign care appropriately and monitor outcomes of both delegated and assigned care
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment
- (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team
- Principles of delegation/assignment
- Principles of adult learning and teaching strategies
- Good physical and mental health
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required
- Physically able to provide service in a wide variety of community settings under varying weather and environmental conditions
- Use of a reliable motor vehicle suitable for all environmental conditions
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 264524 Position Number: 20082894 Posting End Date: June 21, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: WRHA Community Health Services Work Location: 80 Sutherland Ave Department / Unit: Home Ca [...]
Requisition ID: 262947 Position Number: 20808832 Posting End Date: June 21, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Work Location: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Medical In [...]
Requisition ID: 263582 Position Number: 20080735 Posting End Date: June 21, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Grace Hospital Department / Unit: Intensive Care Job Stream: Clinical Union: MNU-041 [...]
Requisition ID: 264423 Position Number: 20024428, 20064132 Posting End Date: June 21, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Grace Hospital Department / Unit: Emergency Job Stream: Clinical Union: MNU [...]