Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 251322
Position Number: 20083821
Posting End Date: May 26, 2021
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Emergency Child Health
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 06/15/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Preference will be given to those who have recent Emergency or Pediatric nursing experience and who have successfully completed a recognized ER/Critical Care Course.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- PALS certification preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- The successful applicant must demonstrate medication calculation competency during orientation as per Children’s Hospital Policy No. 100.30.109.
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
The Children's Hospital is a designated bilingual facility of the Winnipeg Health Region. Applicants who speak both official languages (English and French) are encouraged to apply.
L'Hôpital pour enfants est un établissement désigné bilingue de la Région sanitaire de Winnipeg. Les personnes qui parlent les deux langues officielles (français et anglais) sont invitées à postuler.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the ''Apply'' icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Joins notre équipe! Indigo Parc Canada est la marque la plus réputée de l’industrie du stationnement et de la mobilité individuelle dans le monde Nous voulons révolutionner l’industrie d [...]
Join our team! Indigo Park Canada is one of the most renowned brands in the parking industry and individual mobility around the world. We want to revolutionize the parking industry and need YOU t [...]
Paramount Services, located in London, Ontario, is looking to hire a Service Dispatch Coordinator. Goals & Outcomes: The Service Dispatch Coordinator will schedule the duties of the service techni [...]
General Labourer w/ Class 3 Driver's License. Goals & Outcomes: Effectively perform any combination of receiving, storing and moving parts and equipment to assist the warehouse and service operat [...]