Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Social Worker - Primary Care (Master's Degree)Work Site: Primary Care Networks (PCN) - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full-time Start Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $36.99 - $46.27 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 145458-cos
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Primary Care Network (PCN) team at PCN sites across Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate social work care for patients/clients and caregiver(s).
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the Primary Care Provider in accordance with the local PCN care delivery model as co-designed by the PCN Partners (local Division of Family Practice, VCH Community of Care and First Nations Partners).
- Care for patients/clients and caregiver(s), who are experiencing health and/or social challenges.
- Provide direct care activities such as bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessments, short term counselling and related behavioural health supports, establishing therapeutic relationships and coordinating individualized goal-oriented treatment.
- Provide continuity of care by liaising with team members, coordinating ongoing care, supporting transitions and navigating services.
ABOUT PRIMARY CARE NETWORKS:
Primary Care Networks (PCN) will be the backbone of the provincial Primary Health-Care Strategy. This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
Team members involved in the patient’s care will work closely together, so that they can get a full picture of the health care needs. Under the new structure, patients will be able to more quickly and easily access a full range of health care options, have the ability to have a regular family physician or nurse practitioner and access to more health team members.
Adopting team based care approach in Primary Care Networks aims to increase patients' access to primary care services, strengthen the ability of existing physicians to expand - or remain in - their practice, and broaden the set of specific skills and expertise available to patients as they are receiving care. And it will ensure that the systems and tools required to make that care function are in place, and are well supported in the patient’s journey to better health.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Two (2) years recent clinical experience that is relevant to the designated clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability in managing a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of a patient/client and family centred recovery model in mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive risk assessments.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care ethics and ability to incorporate ethical decision making in practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge to assess patient/clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate legislation acts; e.g. Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship Act, Continuing Care Act,
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of patients/patient/clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and culturally safe care in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health & substance use treatments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and care coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Demonstrated ability to support seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, use critical thinking skills, and deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient/patient/client care information documentation system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Protec Dental Laboratories Ltd. is a growing full-service dental laboratory located in Olympic Village area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in the Shipping & Receiving Department [...]
Our client, an emerging design and procurement firm, located in Burnaby, BC, is continuing it's growth trajectory and is in need of Commercial Lighting Designers. The successful candidate will have 5 [...]
THE OPPORTUNITY: MAINTENANCE WORKER REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER THE COMPANY: Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted [...]
This role is part of a Cloud infrastructure team where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible / Pack [...]